Original topic:

Should I Purchase Samsung Brand TV?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Uaxo
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
 BACKGROUND
I've used the same Samsung 50" Plasma TV since they first came out, when my dad bought it for our living room. The TV has never had any problems, even after it became strictly mine being used for watching TV to Gaming or everything in-between. I've been thinking of upgrading only simply due to the fact I do happen to know a ton about monitors atleast, and wondered even if I game mostly on my gaming monitors should I upgrade to a higher resolution, higher refresh rate television or monitor like the 55" Odyssey Ark 2nd Gen. 4K UHD 165Hz 1ms(GtG) Quantum Mini-LED Curved Gaming Screen even if I will primarily use it for TV? Also would the added use of whenever I wanna game on my pc using a controller setup in bed, apposed to sitting at a desk make it valid enough reason? However is my current Samsung 50" Plasma TV still a quality option to current more advanced technology for strictly watching TV, even though the resolution doesn't go as high or have the highest refresh rate? Additionally to research I heard Plasma is still a amazing technology for picture in comparison to QLED, if I continue preventing burn in, besides the fact I still get compliments on the picture to this day from people with 4k Samsung TV. Finally I also question the quality of current Samsung products as far as monitors / tvs, even though I have had Samsung phones and a Samsung Tab S7+. I am unaware if their products are still high quality manufactured, and capable of withstanding 15+ years of reliability like the Samsung 50" Plasma TV my dad purchased all those years ago.

QUESTION
Bottom line, is investing in the top quality Samsung products still viable for long term sustainability & quality? Lastly should I even upgrade my TV if I can game from gaming monitors anyway, and just invest in a speaker for the monitors, and casting device / smart devices to plug in for my Samsung 50" Plasma TV?

RELATED TOPIC
I am also looking into getting Odyssey OLED G9, Odyssey Neo G9, and small possibility " Odyssey Ark 2nd Gen. 4K UHD 165Hz 1ms(GtG) Quantum Mini-LED Curved Gaming Screen for my gaming setup. Although I plan to make a post aswell before purchase with questions I have about those products aswell besides my research, and will make a post about those products aswell.

Sincerest Thank You,
Proud Customer Pete (Uaxo)
0 Likes
3 Replies
kelleyp
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I think our last 3 have been Samsung. I've been very happy with them.
0 Likes
Uaxo
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
If you dont mind me asking, how long have they lasted? Also what Resolution, and Size are your TV's?
0 Likes
Grey Zulu
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Don’t do it! My Tav didn’t even last a year before it needed the screen replaced 

0 Likes