Original topic:

85" QN900D Dimming Zone Count

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userMXB7XweU8V
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello,

I have the new 85QN900D and my searches for the number of dimming zones come up empty.

Does anyone have this information?

Thank you.

0 Likes
5 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

1,920 local dimming zones arranged in a 60 x 32 grid.  I found this in 2 separate articles and then I ended the search. 

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/samsung-qn900d-8k-neo-qled-tv-review-no-native-8k-content%E2%80%A6-...

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
userMXB7XweU8V
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I'm the discussion starter of that thread you linked.  Those numbers are not for the 85"

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

That was a statement in your's plus another hit I found, not a question, so why your question?  Are you just looking for Samsung documentation to confirm? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
userMXB7XweU8V
Asteroid
Options

Edit: I'm not the discussion starter of that thread you linked.  I answered too fast. 

I am the Discusson starter of this thread on AVS.

I apologize for that misinformation.

0 Likes
userMXB7XweU8V
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Yes.  Looking for actual confimation of number of zones.  Everything so far is spectulation.  Thread rumors from from other than Samsung are reportong more zones than the QN900C, but no specifics.

Also, Robert from Value Electronic to me there were more dimming zone this year, but had nothing to back it up and did not know the number of zone.

Thank you for replying.

0 Likes