JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Roku Loses connectivity to TV frequently when playing Netflix

(Topic created: 02-21-2024 12:19 PM)
user3ckEDyyXrF
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I lose connectivity to my TV frequently when playing Netflix on my Roku. I hope someone can help here. I use:

• Samsung Q70 TV
  • Marantz NR1711 receiver
  • Roku Ultra 4660X running 12.5.5
  • Control4 system and C4 remote

When I select "Satellite TV" on the C4 remote, the TV plays DirecTV fine - no problems. When I select Roku on the remote, I can get to the menu and most streaming apps play fine on the TV. However, if I select Netflix from the Roku menu or Netflix from the C4 remote this always happens: I get the Netflix home screen, then select the user, and then a few seconds after getting to the Netflix home screen, the TV gives me a "no signal" screen (sometimes the audio sticks around, but not always). If I wait ~5 minutes, it typicall all comes back to normal, though sometimes this "no signal" screen happens an hour or so into watching Netflix as well.

Troubleshooting I've done:

• I ran a test on the HDMI cable that connects the receiver to the TV (I used the TV's testing app) and it's fine and Directv plays fine, so the problem is probably not the cable.
  • When this problem first happened I bought a new Roku and the problem persisted, so the problem is not the Roku. When I delete and recreate the Roku app (and update it), the problem persists. I've done a Roku reset via the menu and via plugging and unplugging. The problem also occasionally happens with Amazon Prime, which I've also deleted and added
  • I unplugged the HDMI from the back of the TV and plugged it into a computer monitor... and I couldn't replicate the problem so I think it's the TV. I think that the problem has something to do with the TV trying to do something smart, when all I need it to do is take direction from the Marantz receiver via the HDMI. Can the TV be dumbed down to just do that? I really, really, really don't want to buy a new TV.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
3 Replies
user3ckEDyyXrF
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I lose connectivity to my TV frequently when playing Netflix on my Roku. I hope someone can help here. I use:

• Samsung Q70 TV
  • Marantz NR1711 receiver
  • Roku Ultra 4660X running 12.5.5
  • Control4 system and C4 remote

When I select "Satellite TV" on the C4 remote, the TV plays DirecTV fine - no problems. When I select Roku on the remote, I can get to the menu and most streaming apps play fine on the TV. However, if I select Netflix from the Roku menu or Netflix from the C4 remote this always happens: I get the Netflix home screen, then select the user, and then a few seconds after getting to the Netflix home screen, the TV gives me a "no signal" screen (sometimes the audio sticks around, but not always). If I wait ~5 minutes, it typicall all comes back to normal, though sometimes this "no signal" screen happens an hour or so into watching Netflix as well.

Troubleshooting I've done:

• I ran a test on the HDMI cable that connects the receiver to the TV (I used the TV's testing app) and it's fine and Directv plays fine, so the problem is probably not the cable.
  • When this problem first happened I bought a new Roku and the problem persisted, so the problem is not the Roku. When I delete and recreate the Roku app (and update it), the problem persists. I've done a Roku reset via the menu and via plugging and unplugging. The problem also occasionally happens with Amazon Prime, which I've also deleted and added
  • I unplugged the HDMI from the back of the TV and plugged it into a computer monitor... and I couldn't replicate the problem so I think it's the TV. I think that the problem has something to do with the TV trying to do something smart, when all I need it to do is take direction from the Marantz receiver via the HDMI. Can the TV be dumbed down to just do that? I really, really, really don't want to buy a new TV.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
momilly
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Continue to tv
0 Likes
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

Try reaching out to Roku for assistance. Your television is basically a monitor so it's not your TV.