JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN55Q70AAFXZA HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE REMOTE TO CHARGE UP?

(Topic created: 08-30-2023 03:59 PM)
massachusetts1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

My remote just died.  It's stuck on a Samsung channel with a black screen, and I cannot change anything with the remote (original Samsung remote came with TV).   I've plugged it in to charge up.    I thought it would start working by being plugged in.  It's not working.    How long do I wait?

Also, should the remote work just by being plugged in?

Since I can't access anything in the tv, is there a way to look at my TV account online and be able to go to the Settings?  I'm curious if the setting for battery shows any power.   I have access to site for "Samsung TV Plus", and regular Samsung shopping site, and this Community Board.  Let me know the website url.

I appreciate your assistance very much.

Massachusetts

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
massachusetts1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Solved.  Contacted Samsung support directly.  There is a button under the Samsung Logo at bottom right of TV. Press it and it turns TV on.  (Press again for some Menu options. )  When TV turned on, the Remote began to work.  (it had been charging maybe 1/2 ht.  Support said it could take up to 2 hrs.    It's possible the remote hadn't died.  But I don't have a clue what happened.  At least I could find out if it was the TV problem or the Remote.

View solution in context

2 Replies
massachusetts1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

One more.  It's a solar type remote and came with the tv.

It's charging now with the cable wire.  Steady red light on.  Does that mean it is charging?

Purchased December 2022.  How to obtain a new one if this one is the fault?

And of course, how long should I wait to check it.

Thank you again.

0 Likes
Solution
massachusetts1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Solved.  Contacted Samsung support directly.  There is a button under the Samsung Logo at bottom right of TV. Press it and it turns TV on.  (Press again for some Menu options. )  When TV turned on, the Remote began to work.  (it had been charging maybe 1/2 ht.  Support said it could take up to 2 hrs.    It's possible the remote hadn't died.  But I don't have a clue what happened.  At least I could find out if it was the TV problem or the Remote.