JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN90B: Optical Output not recognized (as 2.0 PCM)

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 11:54 AM)
cjvernon
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a new TV QN90B and a new Audio receiver (Yamaha). The Digital Output from the TV is not recognized by the receiver. It's not the optical cable. And it's not the receiver. It's the TV. I have "PCM" set as the Digital Output format. Nothing comes thru regardless the source on the TV (PC, Live, S+, etc). Can someone please help?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That does seem strange how the TV does not recognize it. I would recommend if possible trying this set up with another TV. I would also recommend if possible to try using an HDMI cable just to see if the receiver is working in general. I know that you said that it's not the optical cable, but I would recommend trying another one just in case to double-check. 

You can also make sure that the TV is up-to-date, you can do that by going to Settings > Support > Software Update. If none of this helps. And it doesn't occur when using another TV. This will be something that will require service. As you may have recently purchased the TV I would recommend an exchange. But if you prefer we can set up the serice. You can either send any moderator a privarte message. Or you can call in direclty at 1 (800) 726-7864. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That does seem strange how the TV does not recognize it. I would recommend if possible trying this set up with another TV. I would also recommend if possible to try using an HDMI cable just to see if the receiver is working in general. I know that you said that it's not the optical cable, but I would recommend trying another one just in case to double-check. 

You can also make sure that the TV is up-to-date, you can do that by going to Settings > Support > Software Update. If none of this helps. And it doesn't occur when using another TV. This will be something that will require service. As you may have recently purchased the TV I would recommend an exchange. But if you prefer we can set up the serice. You can either send any moderator a privarte message. Or you can call in direclty at 1 (800) 726-7864.