Original topic:

Simultaneous Optical output Disabled when using eARC

(Topic created: 11-13-2023 01:53 PM)
Fogpuppy
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi all,

I'm trying to hook a set of headphones up to my S95K (using an optical to RCA converter) and have them work at the same time as my Q900C sound bar.  I have the setting in the Simultaneous Optical Output set "On"  in the Sound Expert Settings but when I connect the Soundbar via eARC there is no audio output on the optical.  It does work Is the TV sound is set to "Speakers" but clearly we want the soundbar in the loop.  Is this "Normal" that the optical would be disabled as soon as eARC to the SB is used?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame
As I explained. When using the "Digital Optical Output" on the Television. The TV Speakers won't work. As I mentioned. Use "TV Speakers Output" and both the Internal Television Speakers and Digital Optical Output Will WORK.

Also Samsung Televisions usually only allow ONE Type of Audio Output. I use the Televisons Internal Speakers with a Soundbar with Digital Optical Input Both work if I have "TV Speakers" selected. But selecting Digital Optical Output will disable the Televisions InternaI Speakers

View solution in context

3 Replies
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame
@Fogpuppy Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you for your question about your Samsung Television.

Does your Soundbar A Digital Optical Input?

If the Sound Output on your Samsung Television is set to Digital Optical Output. Your Samsung Television will output the Televisions Audio Output only on to your device connected to Digital Optical Output.

Having the Sound Mode of your Television set to TV Speakers. You CAN (and this does work) Output the Samsung Televisions Audio Output from BOTH the TV's Internal Speakers and the Digital Optical Output.

I'd suggest connecting your Soundbar to the Digital Optical Input. You can connect both Optical Devices with a Digital Optical Output Splitter. This would most likely be a third-party solution.

However, it would allow you to use your Headphones, Your Soundbar, and your Samsung Television internal speakers having the Samsung Televisions sound output set to TV Speakers.

Thank your for your question and commments. Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. I hope that my proposed solution is helpful. Thank you!
0 Likes
Fogpuppy
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

My sound bar is a Samsung HW–Q900C so I can connect it using a eARC cable and HDMI. But when I do that, the audio stops on the optical output.  I had the optical output connected to a converter that would produce low level headphone stereo output that I’m trying to connect to a existing subwoofer that can take line level inputs so I need the ER and the optical output to work at the same time. This seems to work just using the speakers but as soon as I tell it to send to the sound bar, it stops working.

Solution
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame
As I explained. When using the "Digital Optical Output" on the Television. The TV Speakers won't work. As I mentioned. Use "TV Speakers Output" and both the Internal Television Speakers and Digital Optical Output Will WORK.

Also Samsung Televisions usually only allow ONE Type of Audio Output. I use the Televisons Internal Speakers with a Soundbar with Digital Optical Input Both work if I have "TV Speakers" selected. But selecting Digital Optical Output will disable the Televisions InternaI Speakers