JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remote Stopped Working - Solid Red Light

(Topic created: a month ago)
Greg
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have an 85" Samsung TV.  Not sure but think QLED or something like that.  It is about a year or so old and my remote control stopped working.

It is a solar powered remote control and when using my cell phone camera I can not see any lights being transmitted out of it but I do see the red light at the top is staying on all the time.  Even when placed on the USB-C charger.

The remote will not turn on the tv or do anything.  Just red light of death showing 100% of the time and NOT blinking but SOLID.

Any ideas...I've tried all of the reset button options I could fin...first one being to hold the power button for 15s, nothing.  Then holding the BACH button and SELECT button for 15s, nothing.  Then finally holding the BACK button and the PLAY/PAUSE button at the same time...  nothing works.  Except for the red light on the top of the controls.  Argh

Thanks for any help.  I'm turning the TV on by the button on the lower right side of TV then casting to it.  Tks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there, Thanks so much for posting about this. I can certainly understand the frustration with your remote not working properly. It sounds like you've already been through most of the troubleshooting steps we would recommend for this. However, I would still like to provide the following link to our guide on remote control issues. There may be some additional steps here that could resolve the issue. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/

However, If these steps do not resolve the issue, it is likely the remote will need to be replaced. If the TV is still within the 1 year warranty, you can reach out to one of the moderators here in a pm to get that set up. You also have the option to purchase a replacement remote through our parts department. You can reach them online at SamsungParts.com or by calling 1-800-627-4368. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there, Thanks so much for posting about this. I can certainly understand the frustration with your remote not working properly. It sounds like you've already been through most of the troubleshooting steps we would recommend for this. However, I would still like to provide the following link to our guide on remote control issues. There may be some additional steps here that could resolve the issue. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/

However, If these steps do not resolve the issue, it is likely the remote will need to be replaced. If the TV is still within the 1 year warranty, you can reach out to one of the moderators here in a pm to get that set up. You also have the option to purchase a replacement remote through our parts department. You can reach them online at SamsungParts.com or by calling 1-800-627-4368.