Original topic:

Samsung remote will not control optical audio devices

(Topic created: 09-11-2023 06:53 AM)
userVheNjVI5xJ
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello

i have a new Samsung q60c tv. It is replacing a 5-year old Samsung 55”. I have an older Sonos  Playbar concocted to the TV via optical cable. The audio setting is correct (receiver -optical). When I try a control the volume with the Samsung remote, a pop up appears confirming the receiver is set to optical, but volume control does not work. 
Unfortunately, when I called Samsung tech support, it took more than 90 minutes for them to tell me that the remote will not control optical sound. 
I tried a bit of logic:  Why would Samsung produce a 2023 version tv and not have its universal remote control optical audio devices?  Why do 2 older Samsung tv using optical audio devices work with their Samsung remotes?  Perhaps it’s all too complicated for my simple mind.  I hope someone can explain. Thank you. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with not being able to use your Samsung remote for the Sonos soundbar. I would recommend trying the link below. Also, would like to inform you that yes this is a newer TV but as this is an older soundbar and not a Samsung soundbar results may vary as compatibility issues can occur. If you are still having issues I would recommend call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for our remote management team.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049279/

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with not being able to use your Samsung remote for the Sonos soundbar. I would recommend trying the link below. Also, would like to inform you that yes this is a newer TV but as this is an older soundbar and not a Samsung soundbar results may vary as compatibility issues can occur. If you are still having issues I would recommend call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and asking for our remote management team.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049279/