JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Solar remote won’t control cable box and horrible lip sync issues

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 05:27 AM)
Stevenzins
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a qn90b that I purchased 3 weeks ago now. My mistake is I bought it at Best Buy and now can’t return this garbage. The solar remote won’t stay programmed to my cable box, no it is not the cable box at issue. It worked fine with my Samsung curve tv and remote. I select my cable box model from the drop down menu, program everything and it still won’t work the channels. It will occasionally do up or down, but then quits again. Cable box remote works the box just fine. Also, this tv has terrible lip sync issues with or without a sound bar. Yes, I have tried setting the delay and it makes no difference except to make it even worse. And yes, I am even using a brand new Samsung sound bar we purchased at the same time. I am going out to buy a better tv than this junk. Samsung can’t even get their own garbage to work with their tv’s. What a piece junk. Will never buy their products again.  Dry dissatisfied. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey Stevenzins, foremost, welcome to the community. I know this recent purchase must have been exciting, and it will be my pleasure to help keep it that way.

For your solar remote, this article should be able to get this corrected.

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-troubleshoot-your-smart-remote-when-i...

As far as the lip sync issue, there is an easy fix for this. 

If you are using a soundbar there are three methods to correct this.

Sound Control button
Press Sound Control on the soundbar remote, and then use the Left/Right buttons to adjust until sound is synced.

Audio Sync button
Press Audio Sync on the soundbar remote, and then use the Skip Forward/Backward buttons to adjust until the sound is synced.

Audio Sync +/-
Press + or - under Audio Sync to adjust until the sound is synced.

Note: The sync feature is not available when using BT (Bluetooth) or USB as a source.

The method depends on your soundbar, and you can find instructions specific to your model in your user manual.

Lastly, you can give the unit a factory reset. 

How to perform this is as follows:

Open Settings, and then select General.
Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.
To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.

If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis.

If this doesn't work, I recommend reaching out to 1-800-SAMSUNG to get this looked into further. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey Stevenzins, foremost, welcome to the community. I know this recent purchase must have been exciting, and it will be my pleasure to help keep it that way.

For your solar remote, this article should be able to get this corrected.

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-troubleshoot-your-smart-remote-when-i...

As far as the lip sync issue, there is an easy fix for this. 

If you are using a soundbar there are three methods to correct this.

Sound Control button
Press Sound Control on the soundbar remote, and then use the Left/Right buttons to adjust until sound is synced.

Audio Sync button
Press Audio Sync on the soundbar remote, and then use the Skip Forward/Backward buttons to adjust until the sound is synced.

Audio Sync +/-
Press + or - under Audio Sync to adjust until the sound is synced.

Note: The sync feature is not available when using BT (Bluetooth) or USB as a source.

The method depends on your soundbar, and you can find instructions specific to your model in your user manual.

Lastly, you can give the unit a factory reset. 

How to perform this is as follows:

Open Settings, and then select General.
Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.
To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.

If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis.

If this doesn't work, I recommend reaching out to 1-800-SAMSUNG to get this looked into further.