Digital divide between Elderly and technology

(Topic created: 02-08-2024 07:15 AM)
user2zEDGEzZPm
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Bridging the Digital Divide: Empowering Seniors with Technology

Hey Samsung Community,

I'm Michael D, and I'm reaching out to discuss a significant issue – the digital divide impacting our elderly community. In today's rapidly evolving tech landscape, our seniors often find themselves left behind, and it's a challenge we witness at my Senior Center in Massachusetts.

I'm here to seek insights, recommendations, and support from the Samsung community. We aim to empower our seniors with the skills and resources needed to navigate the digital era confidently.

If you're aware of any services, programs, or initiatives, whether from Samsung or other sources, designed to help seniors embrace technology, we'd greatly appreciate your input.

Let's collaborate to ensure our elderly community members aren't excluded from the benefits of modern technology. Your contributions and suggestions can make a meaningful impact on their lives.

Thanks for your consideration. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@user2zEDGEzZPm AARP has a lot of resources for seniors including how to use technology. Our local senior activity center has quite a few courses to help seniors with technology. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@user2zEDGEzZPm AARP has a lot of resources for seniors including how to use technology. Our local senior activity center has quite a few courses to help seniors with technology. 

nàmow
Astronaut
Options
Where is this necessary information in Philadelphia PA
0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
A very often overlooked resource is YouTube. Searching there for information concerning a specific device or how to perform a task will frequently result in a list of videos, many of which will be very helpful and informative.
mldWolf
Cosmic Ray
Options
The Elderly are the
"Mature Population".

We will Blink & be there.