Original topic:

Feature suggestion to add system apps to check in Battery and Device Care

(Topic created: a month ago)
realaud
Supernova
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

It irks me to no end when I check Battery and Device Care, on the phone or watch, to see what's chewing up battery resources, I can only see usage stats for self-installed apps or user apps.  This is not at all useful when we are trying to figure out why our batteries are draining so fast.  I think many others will agree.

I suggest you add the system apps, wi-fi, Bluetooth, etc to the list so we can see EVERYTHING that is using up system resources and draining the battery.  It would help enormously with troubleshooting, so we can determine if a rogue app is the issue.  

Yes, I know system apps and services do use battery power (or else nothing would work, right?), but we need to know which one is out of control. Telling me my watch face uses 0.01% is not useful. Telling me remote connect or mobile service is using 20.1% is.

4 Replies
Sun
Options
Try Accubattery...
realaud
Supernova
Options
Thanks, but the point of the post was to get Samsung to include it as a standard feature. There is no point in only dhowing partial usage statistics.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@realaud System apps will be shown on the list if they are in the top users of battery. Wifi and Bluetooth will never show because it isn't an app, it is a service. Apps use the service. If an app is using a lot of battery because it is using Wifi and Bluetooth, the app will show on the list. 

At this moment, on my GW6 classic battery usage, the top 5 are all system apps. 

1. Samsung Health Monitor
  2. One UI Watch Home
  3. Recent apps
  4. Samsung Health
  5. Customization service 
realaud
Supernova
Options

So, in other words, there is no real way to tell why a battery is suddenly draining when all diagnostic tests say it's a good battery.  And everyone who is having battery issues is on their own or just has to accept it.