JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Meaningful improvements for next year

(Topic created: 04-22-2023 02:29 PM)
z28camaroman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello Samsung and Samsung users. I just wanted to share my thoughts on how I think Samsung could improve next year's lineup in meaningful ways. I hope Samsung strongly considers them. 

• A brighter, 10 bit display

Samsung display currently makes AMOLED screens that are brighter than the S23 Series' (check out the Xiaomi 13 Ultra and Oppo Find X6 Pro), and has been making 10 bit displays for some years now. A 10 bit screen ought to improve HDR content viewing by reducing/eliminating banding and more accurately displaying the rec2020 color space. I'd also love it if they just stuck to 1440p AMOLEDs rather than save them for the Ultra model only, but apparently most people don't notice. (I do; 1080p RGBG pentile matrix OLED isn't a sharp as 1080p RGB LCD)

• Larger sensors for the ultrawide and telephotos 

The 1/5.6 inch Sony IMX 890 (or Samsung S5KGN3 equivalent), or at the very least the 1/2.51 inch Sony IMX 858, would be sizeable improvements over the 10 Mpx and 12 Mpx sensors currently used. If I were in Samsung's position, to save money, I'd keep the current 50 Mpx and 200 Mpx main cameras used on the S23 and S23 Ultra respectively, since they're absolutely fine, and just upgrade the ultrawide and telephotos to either of these 50 Mpx sensors. They would allow for better lowlight photos and videos while also allowing 8k video recording on all the cameras rather than just the main sensor. They also seem to be paired with faster apertures on other flagship devices, so again, better low light capabilities.

• Dual LED flash 

I have no idea why this never was a priority, but most flagship OEM devices have dual LED flashes. Heck, Apple uses QUAD LEDs. A single firing, mono-temperature light produces passable flash shots, but Samsung shouldn't aim for passable. This improvement costs them realistically nothing.

• Faster charging 

I say this for the sake of giving users choice. I personally wireless slow charge at night and 45 Watts is normally fine for a top up, but I cannot speak for every user. Since the USB Power Delivery and USB PPS standard accomodates higher wattage for mobile devices, there's no reason Samsung couldn't or shouldn't allow for faster charging, perhaps 65 Watts. If a user wants to risk faster battery degredation, that's their right.

• OIS for the front facing camera 

This would be highly unlikely but would be a fantastic bit of technological advancement with hole punch technoloy. It would be nice if the selfie camera had a faster aperture and OIS to help reduce if not eliminate blurry, smearing photos, especially in low light.

• Seamless updates with A/B partition

It means after you install an OTA update, you just reset the device: no need to sit at the update screens for 10 minutes. With a greater commitment to updates, it shouldn't be a pain to actually update one's device. 

• The newer, larger and faster Qualcomm 3D Sonic Max ultrasonic fingerprint scanner

The current ultrasonic sensor on the S series isn't horrible, but it could be way better and ought to be. When you're buying a "flagship", you should get the best parts. 

These are some of the fundamental improvements that I feel would actually encourage people to upgrade. I considered adding "12 GB of RAM standard" but I doubt it would improve the experience of most users and it is currently rumored that it may happen anyway.

Feel free to share your ideas. Thanks for reading. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you z28camaroman,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. Welcome to Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
They were going to do seamless updates for the 23 but there was issues
The RAM in the phones now are good for everyday users and with the virtual RAM as an option 12 is too much and not necessary for a non ultra phone
Fast charging is a user preference I'll use my cable most of the time and sometimes use my wireless one
AcheronCit
Cosmic Ray
Options
No problem with these updates, but what will the MRSP be with these added to S24 models?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you z28camaroman,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. Welcome to Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.