JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Internet error 404

(Topic created: 08-26-2023 04:01 PM)
Strat62
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have a Samsung A14 which is less than a week old. Today I installed the Camelot Lottery Checker app and used it once to scan my ticket. It said it needed access to the phone and I clicked permission. Now my Samsung Internet has stopped working. It says..."Error 404 File Or Directory Not Found". It was working before I installed the lottery app, and everything else on the phone seems ok. Anyone know how I can get the Samsung Internet app to work again?
Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Where did you find this lottery app? It sounds extremely suspect, you're right. I would clear data of Samsung internet in Settings>Apps>Samsung Internet>Storage>Clear data and try seeing if everything works normally. Samsung Internet beta is also an option. Do not reinstall the lottery app again.

View solution in context

7 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
Have you uninstalled the lottery app? Doesn't seem like this app would have an effect on the Internet though. It is only Wi-Fi or mobile data too? Does it happen with other browsers?
Strat62
Asteroid
Options

Hi VerbumVeritum and thanks for the reply. Yes, I uninstalled the lottery app straight away. I used it once to check today's game and it worked. Tried to check another ticket, it then said it needed access to my camera which I thought was strange as it didn't ask the first time. I clicked ok, didn't seem to work that time. I noticed my camera app had vanished from my home screen and I brought it back from the app list. Discovered Samsung Internet was down, everything else ok. I don't know if I should uninstall the Samsung app, as I noticed there's a beta download available in Play Store. If you could give me your thoughts, I'll reply first thing in the morning...up early for work! Thanks again, appreciate it.

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Where did you find this lottery app? It sounds extremely suspect, you're right. I would clear data of Samsung internet in Settings>Apps>Samsung Internet>Storage>Clear data and try seeing if everything works normally. Samsung Internet beta is also an option. Do not reinstall the lottery app again.
Strat62
Asteroid
Options

Ok, uninstalled the Samsung Internet, reinstalled and I've got the beta now. It wasn't so much that I wanted to use it, rather that I couldn't understand why it malfunctioned. The lottery app is the official checker, and Camelot advise you to on their ticket to use it?? Thanks for your help amigo.

Options
Why would you. I disconnect and take mine out of commission on my samsung devices. There are better browsers out there.
Options
Sorry Samsung not a fan obviously. Won't happen again!!
0 Likes
Strat62
Asteroid
Options

It just bugged me that it stopped working...uninstalled and got the beta on now. Thanks.

0 Likes