JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung health unit change CALORIES TO KILOJOULES

(Topic created: 11-22-2023 03:42 PM)
Minura
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Switching the energy unit in Samsung Health from calories to kilojoules is a reasonable concern, especially if you're accustomed to using kilojoules, as many Australians are. As of my last update in January 2022, Samsung Health didn't have an explicit option to change the energy unit from calories to kilojoules within its settings.

However, there might be a workaround that could help you track your data in kilojoules on a Samsung Galaxy Watch. Some third-party apps might offer this functionality or conversion feature. It's worth exploring the Galaxy Store or other app marketplaces that offer health or fitness apps compatible with Samsung devices. Look for apps that specialize in fitness tracking and energy expenditure, as they might provide the option to display data in kilojoules.

Alternatively, you can manually convert the calories to kilojoules using a conversion factor. One calorie is approximately equal to 4.184 kilojoules. So, if you're comfortable doing the math, you could manually calculate your energy expenditure in kilojoules based on the data shown in Samsung Health.

While I can't guarantee the availability of a specific app or feature for this purpose, I recommend checking the Galaxy Store or reaching out to Samsung support for the most current information regarding energy unit customization in Samsung Health for the Galaxy Watch.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Since this is the US-based Samsung Community, it might be prudent to post this in your local Australian Samsung Community as well. šŸ™‚

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/australia/ct-p/au?page=1&tab=recent_topics

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Since this is the US-based Samsung Community, it might be prudent to post this in your local Australian Samsung Community as well. šŸ™‚

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/australia/ct-p/au?page=1&tab=recent_topics
betancd
Comet
Options
It's a very annoying bug. I turned off exercise syncing and step syncing in Google Health Connect.
0 Likes