Original topic:

Swiping English keyboard getting other languages

(Topic created: 04-03-2024 09:50 PM)
DA0017
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have 3 different languages on my samsung keyboard. But each is individual. They are not to be typing in the other languages when not selected. Yet very often they do. My english keyboard is coming up with words from different languages when I use swipe to type, this is very annoying. How can it be stopped?

Thank you for the help. 

Samsung, if this depends on you, please update it and stop this from happening.

5 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We know it is frustrating for the keyboard to include multiple translations when trying to use a specific language.

This article provides some steps that may help, such as clearing the cache and testing in safe mode. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01209532/

Another step that can be tried is resetting the keyboard. Settings>General Management>Samsung Keyboard settings>Reset to default settings

Please let us know if this helps.

0 Likes
DA0017
Constellation
Options
I reset the catch, I don't want to reset the keyboard. No, it didn't fix it. The problem is still happening. It also happens on my tablet and my old phone, so it seems like it's something samsung needs to fix. And it shouldn't be that hard because Google keyboard doesn't have this problem.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your response. We know how inconvenient resetting the keyboard is; however, it could correct any software glitch that is occurring causing the keyboard to incorporate multiple languages while you are typing.

We encourage you to submit an error report in the Members app when this occurs to provide the data to the developers. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/

0 Likes
DA0017
Constellation
Options
I see. It's happening on 3 different devices, all with different Android versions, do you really think it could be software related?
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Anything is possible. Were all the devices purchased in the U.S.?

You can also try testing in Safe Mode. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/ This does not delete any data, but it will remove any theme or launcher you may be using. This will let you know if there is a 3rd party app interfering with the keyboard.

If it is occurring on multiple devices, try resetting the keyboard on just one of the devices to see if there is any change.

Submitting the error report will allow the developers to see your logs from the device, and hopefully be able to assist in the matter.

Please let us know the results.

0 Likes