JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using Samsung Wallet as a payment option for online purchasing?

(Topic created: 07-09-2023 09:24 PM)
anonym0us
Star
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does anyone know if I could use samsung wallet as a payment option for online stuff like Amazon and whatever else?

Like how you could use Google pay/gpay/android pay as online payment options before

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options

Samsung Pay has been discontinued, and its functionality has been integrated into Samsung Wallet. However, Samsung Wallet primarily focuses on in-store and contactless payments using your Samsung device. It supports NFC-based transactions and MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) technology, which allows you to use your device at traditional card readers, but on specific models only.

Regarding online payments, Samsung Wallet does provide a feature which allows you to make online purchases using supported websites or apps, such as Amazon. However, the availability of this feature may vary depending on your region and the specific online merchant.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options

Samsung Pay has been discontinued, and its functionality has been integrated into Samsung Wallet. However, Samsung Wallet primarily focuses on in-store and contactless payments using your Samsung device. It supports NFC-based transactions and MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) technology, which allows you to use your device at traditional card readers, but on specific models only.

Regarding online payments, Samsung Wallet does provide a feature which allows you to make online purchases using supported websites or apps, such as Amazon. However, the availability of this feature may vary depending on your region and the specific online merchant.

anonym0us
Star
Options
Thank you for that but I think you have it in the wrong order

It's samsung pay that got discontinued and redone as samsung wallet and the mst technology was discontinued after one of the earlier galaxy generations
BSGViperJockey
Asteroid
Options
As you said Samsung Pay rolled into Samsung Wallet. And the S20 & Note 20 was the last to have MST.

That's the number one reason I'm keeping my Note 20 Ultra, now Samsung has to figure out why Wallet is going putnon everyone.
0 Likes