JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Vcard sharing issue from contacts

(Topic created: 12-05-2023 03:48 PM)
LarryS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

On TMobile with UI6.0. Found an issue with inability to share a Vcard from contacts. Go to Contacts, select contact, tap share, select recipient in Messages (Google), opens Message but vcard is not entered into box. Anyone know of a fix?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cinemagic
Constellation
Options

I figured out how to do it--- no extra steps just simply a long key press.....

Doesn't matter which app you use, google contacts or Samsung....here is the trick;

From contacts you do NOT want to OPEN the contact to the detail screen and then select share---it won't work.

From the main contacts screen, scroll to the contact you want, push and HOLD the contact until the blue (or whatever color on your phone) check mark appears, THEN select share, as vcf, go select the recipient-- and it will work!

View solution in context

35 Replies
Jnewell05
Galaxy
Options
Same issue. I have the ATT Samsung Galaxy S22. Been broken since Android 14 update.
LarryS
Cosmic Ray
Options
I found that this using Google Contacts app does work. It only fails with Samsung contacts app.
Jnewell05
Galaxy
Options
Confirmed works well. Ty
0 Likes
userRecjSgUhaH
Constellation
Options
Google contacts does not work on my Samsung S22 also have at&t
usersby6zfEXzk
Constellation
Options
Same here, I tried on my 3 samsung phones, and it didn't work.
Cindyko
Constellation
Options

Having same issue since latest update.  Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 - Verizon.  I am only able to share as Text.  The.option to export is only for all contacts.  I also noticed when you add a new contact, it won't let you save, forces you to select save to phone or Google.  I have many messed up. Contacts that I can't "edit" fields (addresses or phone numbers, etc.) on either the phone or Google.

0 Likes
brostein6
Astronaut
Options

How is this marked as resolved if the Samsung app obviously has bugs. Does samsung have no intention of resolving this or should we stop using all samsung apps that come on our phones?

LarryS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Good question. I've upgraded my phone to 24 ultra with 6.1 and still using Google apps. I tried Sansung contacts and issue still there. So maybe you're right. Use Google apps
0 Likes
that_bex
Astronaut
Options
Still broken and can't share vcards in Samsung contacts app. How do we alert them to fix this? They must know by now - do they not care?
0 Likes