Original topic:

Unable to unlock phone

(Topic created: 01-09-2024 06:23 AM)
Namuun
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello,

I just bought a new S23 on Dec 28th and forgot my unlock passcode. I had too many wrong tries and now my phone is locked. I need to use my fingerprint but it asks me to enter passcode which I forgot. 

I only setup my gmail on this phone. Didn't setup my Samsung account on my new phone, so 'find my device' was turned off. I cannot see mt new phone through my Samsung account. 

What can I do to unlock my phone? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it can be when you are locked out of your phone. 

If you are unable to unlock your phone, you can try the troubleshooting steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001570/

If you are unable to unlock the phone, you can try a factory reset from the recovery menu. 

To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears

- Use volume buttons to navigate to FACTORY RESET

- Use power button to select

If you're not able to reset there, you will need a copy of the original bill of sale, and you can reach out to a Samsung (1-800-726-7864) with the information to have service set up for the service center to unlock it. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S23
You should be able to factory reset the phone from the bootloader.
0 Likes
Namuun
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm afraid that after factory reset it will still ask phone passcode to identify me/user as factory reset will erase all my data, including Gmail as I understood.

Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand how frustrating it can be when you are locked out of your phone. 

If you are unable to unlock your phone, you can try the troubleshooting steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001570/

If you are unable to unlock the phone, you can try a factory reset from the recovery menu. 

To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears

- Use volume buttons to navigate to FACTORY RESET

- Use power button to select

If you're not able to reset there, you will need a copy of the original bill of sale, and you can reach out to a Samsung (1-800-726-7864) with the information to have service set up for the service center to unlock it. 

0 Likes