JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung note 10 lite and smart tags

(Topic created: 05-30-2021 12:01 PM)
userRB6gcyPwa9
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi, i have 3 smart tags attached to my Samsung note 10 lite. My question is if i lose my bag with the tag attached, will i be notified if a Samsung user who has a samsung phone, without the smart things app installed be able to send me a notification, or will the notification be sent only by a Samsung phone who is using the smart things app and is signed in? Older samsung phones with android 7 and below don’t support the smart tag. Can anyone clarify, please? Recently, i tested my tag by sending it with my wife who is a iphone user and the tag was only updated once a galaxy device spotted it, that was after an hour.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Smart Home Support

This message is sent through the SmartThings App, so a Samsung phone with the app installed would indeed be required. I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Smart Home Support

This message is sent through the SmartThings App, so a Samsung phone with the app installed would indeed be required. I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.