Original topic:

SmartTag 2 not ringing

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
felipell
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello, a couple days ago I bought 2 Smart Tag 2 units for my dogs.

That day I've linked them to my phone succesfully, tested both ringing functions (double pressing the smarttags to ring my phone, and pressing the "ring" option on the find app, to ring the tags), both functions worked perctly. 

Now, after two days, I can only ring my phone, from both tags.

I cannot rmake any of my tags ring from the Find App. On the Smartthings menu they appear as connected with recent updates. Only the tag ringing function seems to not work.

The phone is a few feet from the tags and as wi-fi and bluetooth enabled.

9 Replies
Options

I'm assuming Tag2 is in range.

Switch OFF power saving mode. You'll have to do that for each individual Tag2.

Go to Smart Things. Tap on the relevant Tag2 that you're looking for. 

Tap View Map, you'll see 'Ring' on the bottom left corner.

Tap it, and away you go! šŸ˜

0 Likes
Dudload
Constellation
Options

Nope, I have the same issue. No power saving, showing as connected, but won't ring, even when right next to device.

0 Likes
Bennobenno7
Astronaut
Options

I have the same problem. It is my biggest problem with this tag and should be a high priority bug fix. 

0 Likes
bersien
Astronaut
Options

I have the same problem. Chipolo tags works and ringing but samsung Tag 2 doesn't ringing. Samsung please fix our problem šŸ˜ž

0 Likes
lantania
Astronaut
Options

Same issue with mine. Ringing worked properly when connected for the first time, but doesn't work couple days later. No power saving mode, everything seems ok, connected, shows position on map, even Search nearby works. I can ring my phone with double click, but when I try to ring the tag, it doesn't work - it tries to connect, then shows error "Couldn't connect to tag and start ringing". I've solved it by reseting the tag and connecting it again, but it's not acceptible, that I can't rely on it. Please, Samsung, respond with some solution. 

phone: Galaxy A41, Android 12

0 Likes
ChristGod
Astronaut
Options

My tags (Gen 1 and 2 ) also refuse to ring, despite being connected.

0 Likes
ChristGod
Astronaut
Options

Iv was able to fix it by reinstalling the Smart things app. Still not a good look for Samsung...

ErikPA
Astronaut
Options

Yes, I had the same issue which is frustrating bc I got it so I could locate my keys when I lose them in the house. Would not ring at all. 

Uninstalled the app and reinstalled and it suddenly started working. 

0 Likes
ConejoPardo
Constellation
Options
I was having the same problem.
This is what worked for me:
--CLEAR CACHE--
-Go to settings
-Apps
-search for "smart"
-select "SmartThings" app
-under "Usage" select "Storage"
-Select "Clear Cache" at the bottom.
Apple Airtags are more reliable!!!
Loyal Samsung fan here but this makes me wanna hide my head in a hole in the ground.
0 Likes