Original topic:

A7 Tab Android 14

(Topic created: 03-08-2024 09:15 AM)
stoneyfork
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I have an A7 Samsung tablet and just updated to Android 14. Apparently there is no way to resize the icons on my home screen, plus the grid pattern changed and I can’t go back to the 5x5 layout I’ve always used. This may sound trivial but for a 70 year old it was useful to have that option which the older versions had. The icons now are much smaller and my apps which have been in the same place for two years are scattered and I can’t put them back where they were! Don’t even mention the magnification screen it doesn’t help this problem. Remember some of us out here aren’t using the fancy upgrades you put out, still we’d like to have the basic options we had before, I don’t think something as simple as this is too much to ask. I’ve always been a little shy about updating, but I’ve thought that keeping the operating system up to date was a good idea…This probably won’t be the last time I’ve been wrong! 
11 Replies
harv134
Explorer
Options
Tablets
You could find a third party launcher and complain to Samsung
0 Likes
stoneyfork
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Thanks, l wasn't sure what a third party launcher was. I believe that's what I'll have to do. It’s a pain though and shouldn't be necessary!

0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Have you checked Settings->Home and then the grid size? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
stoneyfork
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Yeah checked that and there’s nothing about resizing icons which there was in previous versions. Over the last few days I'm noticing most everything seems smaller. I don’t know maybe I'm the only one who thinks this was a bad idea to change?!? 🤔
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets
the grid size affects the icon size
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
stoneyfork
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
I've tried, if there's any difference it’s hardly noticeable.
0 Likes
Members_Cz7sgEL
Constellation
Options
Tablets

That doesn't help

0 Likes
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Tablets
6x5 or 8x5 for home and apps screen grid is all I see is available.

Cheers

3fees
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Tablets

Check Galaxy Store for Good Lock and Home Up.  That app adds more options. 

Bill
---
0 Likes