Original topic:

Feedback on One UI 6 Update - Home Screen Space

(Topic created: 12-19-2023 07:34 PM)
SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Dear Samsung Support, 
I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to share my feedback regarding the recent One UI 6 update on my device. Before the update, I appreciated the edge-to-edge screen usability on my home screen, which allowed me to make the most of the display space. However, since the update, I have noticed a change that has affected my user experience. Currently, I am unable to utilize the entire home screen space as effectively as before. There seems to be approximately 1 inch of unusable space on either side of the home screen, limiting my ability to place icons or shortcuts in those areas. The previous setup, with the full home screen space available, not only provided added convenience but also contributed to a more elegant and visually pleasing interface. I understand that updates aim to enhance user experience, but in this case, it has impacted the practicality and aesthetics of my device. I kindly request that you consider addressing this concern in future updates or provide guidance on any settings adjustments that may help restore the previous edge-to-edge functionality on the home screen. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your ongoing efforts to improve the Samsung user experience. 
SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/email-the-ceo/ please use this link to write to the CEO of Samsung so action can be taken.
0 Likes
MLAUER2487
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The fix won't occur until Samsung acknowledges their screwup!

I purchased the $1,200 Samsung S9 Plus Data Tablet with the intention of utilizing the larger screen space to handle the daily operations of a single long-term project.

We created a series of text-based fields to display across every square centimeter of the $1,200 home screen for readability.  Less than 2-weeks into the project we foolishly, i.e., should have known better based on past Samsung experiences ā€“ "Updated" to Samsung UI 6; which immediately rendered the Tablet completely unusable for its sole intent.  

That was 2-months ago... and Samsung's U.S. CEO "We Care" Office hasn't even responded to multiple emails from numerous users in the same boat.

User SameerMohammed has posted the Contact link:

https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionGeneralNew.jsp?PROD_ID=G3...

At this point, we just want the option to revert to the previous (fully-functional) UI. 

In the meantime, we have a conference scheduled with legal counsel to discuss the prospects of a class-action matter.

SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

You can also leave a feedback to Samsung thru the app. Please find the option and leave feedback.
I know Samsung CEO's reply seems very childish.
But if we all keep bugging them we might have it fixed.

0 Likes
userSu643qubKr
Constellation
Options
Tablets

No solution yet?

0 Likes
SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
NO SOLUTION AT ALL, SAMSUNG IS BECOMING SO BAD AT THIS STUFF, FORCING UPDATES
0 Likes
Kp1099
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have the same issue on my newly-acquired *replacement* Note 20 Ultra: the home screens no longer extend all the way to the edges. Instead I have a ~quarter-inch left/border, and the corners are distinctly rounded. Thank you, SameerMohammed, for your [amazingly patient] message on this topic. Now I can stop searching for the mystery setting I had assumed I'd missed.

0 Likes
SameerMohammed
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Please post it to Samsung, this should help

0 Likes
Shawn765
Explorer
Options
Tablets
Well I thought it was me. My apps use the full screen but the UI Home screen does not. Changing grid size has nothing to do with this.
0 Likes
ENTPRESTIGIOUS
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have the same issue and it's triggering me hard. I tried to restore using Home Up and just made everything MUCH MORE WORSE! Also, my widget font size still looks funny because they're so smol. I recommend disabling Home Up and leave everything as it is.

There's no way Samsung isn't aware of this as they should be aware of it and release a patch soon. If they are oblivious, then this is bad software testing practices.

0 Likes
Minty Dude
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

So, I just got the January update for my Tab s8+. It did not fix the issue. I just wanted to add this to the discussion, to see if there was any difference for the rest of you

0 Likes