Original topic:

Using termux

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Mechanicus84
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Hi

At the moment i use my tab s8 ultra combined with termux for small terminal based python projects (even using touchscreen keyboard at the moment) - all works great except for one thing, the Samsung touchscreen keyboard

For quite some time the Samsung touchscreen keyboard has been my go to no matter what, but unfortunately its not really usable with termux app as the arrow keys do not work (I've tried using keys cafe as well as I need arrows for all 4 directions), which I meaning I have to resort to using another keyboard (either hackers keyboard or SwiftKey, neither of which I like particularly) 

I read a post online on termux Community about this issue and apparently its something to do with some data not being sent from Samsung keyboard to termux (the other 2 keyboards I mentioned work perfectly with termux)

Is there a way to fix this, or is there a way this post can get to one of the developers of the keyboard to fix this

I know this is a long shot but might as well try

Thank you in advance

1 Reply
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Mechanicus84 You should reach out to the Termux developer team to see if they have a solution or update. 

0 Likes