JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Dryer won’t heat / Vent cl9 error

(Topic created: 06-22-2022 06:21 AM)
user3HoGXcjyGy
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

So my dryer was purchased as a used dryer but it’s not had any problems before this year. A few months ago it stopped heating so we replaced the heating element and it started working perfectly fine for about a month but now has a new problem. We always wash on timed dry but now it’ll only run for 4-6 minutes before skipping to the end of the cycle and turning off with the “cycle done” little music. During those few minutes it doesn’t seem to heat at all. I’ve run various tests but the only one that came back with a problem was the exhaust vent blockage test which shows a 90% blockage but I’ve cleaned out the front with the lint trap and both the back exhaust vent and the hose all the way to the outside connection. I’m assuming that it won’t heat because it thinks there is a huge blockage but I’m not sure how to clear the error that I think is false. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
userP9iVbYiLWE
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I purchased a new Samsung dryer in late October 2021.  It sometimes shuts off after 4 minutes in both the timed dry cycle and the Delicates cycle.  It does this maybe 10% to 20% of the time.  The repairman ran diagnostics today and no codes displayed.  He suggested that I video every cycle until I capture it cutting off after 4 minutes.  I wish you good luck with yours.  I think I'm stuck with a malfunctioning dryer.  Also:  please note that Samsung reps will mark your post as "solved" before the problem is resolved.  That will stop you from adding to this post and stops others from responding.  It looks like you can send a note to people who post before Samsung shuts your post down, though.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hi there! I can definitely understand how frustrating it would be to have your dryer shutting off so quickly. It sounds like you've already checked many of the things we would recommend. I'm providing the following link to our troubleshooting guide with a few other things you can check: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01000999/

Once these steps are completed, if the dryer is still shutting off, it will require service. There’s a couple options here we can take based on your warranty status. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/