JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Still soap in the drum after Final Rinse

(Topic created: 10-25-2023 01:55 PM)
userVX9KReHgdy
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Purchased Front Load in 2020, I got a very bad allergic skin infection back in March 2023 and is just now clearing up In October 2023-could not figure out what the cause was. Then I noticed around July the Washer is not rinsing all the detergent and the drum always has a musty unpleasant odor. I have been running two more rinse cycles after every load since July and am using half the detergent I normally would use. I do self-clean every 3 months, clean the filter, empty the emergency drain line at the same time.  My husband is a Plumber and cannot find any issues, drain line is not clogged. I wish I had never switched from the old school washing machines. This was quite a bit of money to only last not quite 3 years.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Washers and Dryers
I had a similar experience with my washer, For some reason my clothes were still covered in a thin film of detergent after washing my clothes, I was also using to much detergent, I ended up running a cycle with Hot water and let it sit for about an hour then ran the rinse cycle, After I started to use less detergent everything was back to normal

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00031847/

View solution in context

4 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Washers and Dryers
You want to do a self cleaning monthly and if it's not enough use affresh cleaning tablets when doing your cleaning they are magic. Also make sure you use he certified detergent only. And make sure you only use the max allowance per your washer owner manual and it should get better.
userVX9KReHgdy
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Using smaller amounts of detergent seems to fix the issue. Cant believe  I have had these for three years any never realized this. I believe you may have saved my skin.

Many thanks!

0 Likes
userVX9KReHgdy
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I just read only use 2 teaspoons HE detergent-might be my problem. I was filling half of the detergent lid which is closer to 2 tablespoons. Will see if this solves the problem! Thank you

Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Washers and Dryers
I had a similar experience with my washer, For some reason my clothes were still covered in a thin film of detergent after washing my clothes, I was also using to much detergent, I ended up running a cycle with Hot water and let it sit for about an hour then ran the rinse cycle, After I started to use less detergent everything was back to normal

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00031847/