cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlR8tjgZHAy
Astronaut

Re: Black screen periodically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been experiencing the same issue, took my TV to Samsung service center, replaved the mother board and the problem was still there. Now the TV has shut down, only the sound with black screen. My Model number is J5000. I am extremely disappointed. Anyone found a solution yet?

user7vO3C1G3D9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have the exact same problem as you with a QLED TV bought this year. I have worked out it is not the TiVo box but the TV also. Where did you get to with your problem? 

userZUZPl9UyIM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I did that, but it made no difference.
Highlighted
Simbro
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got the same issue. Blacks out for one or two secs. Can't check the menu when it blacks out as suggested by SamsungDrew as it happens without warning and is very rapid. When the TV comes back on, all menus are OK. Software update is current. Reset picture and still happens, have yet to try factory settings reset. Next thing is to deteremine whether it is a TV digibox issue that may be cutting out or an ariel problem, I think unlikley.  Had the TV for about 8 months.

Will post a solution if I get one.

GGmanou
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It worked!! Thank you so much, I was really worried but hopefully everything is OK now thanks to your solution! I do appreciate it! Thank you!

laddman
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thought I would write and see if you can help me out. I have Samsung UN46EH5000FXZA. I couple days ago the screen started to flash black but the audio still worked. I did the reset you suggested and it worked for about a day. Then the black flashes came back. I kept trying to refresh and now the screen is really. really dark all the time. Audio still works, but I can barely see the menu items. I've tried other sources and different HDMI to different inputs. Is there anything you can help me with?

Stevew2023
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok so the new Amazon TV box is installed with the same kind of cable used for the Apple TV and the output from the receiver. Tonight begins the testing. Fingers crossed. 

dsfasdfasdf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Drew-

Had problem with 75" Model# UN75JU6500FXZA since purchase in April 2016. Cannot even see any display to get to a menu for a potential reset.

I have a call into customer escalation for replacement/refund but I'd rather it just work instead so wanted to see if any other resolutions may be available first. 

jer136
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My experience: Went to turn on the TV and the screen was black, sound was OK. No matter what I tried the screen never lit up. I went through the Samsung web page to diagnose the problem which finally resulted in Samsung connecting me with a local repair service. (NH, USA)

The repair service charges $110 just to come to the house. If they can fix it and you accept their quote the $110 will go toward the repair. So they came.

After about 5 minutes the service tech determined the problem was a faulty T-CON board. $388 to replace it. (out of warranty of course.) It would cost $700 to replace the TV so I had them fix it. So far it's still working; its been about a month.

Happens. Samsung did make a reasonable effort to help me; and I was patient enough to follow the process. I'm still a Samsung fan. Now I can continue being a Patriots fan and watch Tom Brady rule the world. GO Pats.

userZUZPl9UyIM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My new TV is having the same issue. When you say update the firmware, are you referring to a software download? If so, mine has automatically done that twice, but the problem still occurs.