cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPK2JlAGBQC
Asteroid

Re: Samsung LED Smart TV keeps turning off and on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Repair at own cost is the only solution when the company offers a 1 year (LOL) warranty when tehy knowingly use circuits that are lasting an average of 12-16 months. Never buy Samsung again.

MitziC
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
NEVER! and will be telling everyone I know about this.
userJMHqLgyVsg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After scrolling thru 7 pages of similar posts, I discovered there is no solution and the "Solved" tag is because Samsung posted a note to send them the unit and serial numbers.  My TV is less than 2 years old and this failure is unacceptable although now I get to buy the 4K TV I've wanted all along.  It will NOT be a Sumsung TV nor will I ever purchase another Sumsung product.

LuckyCharm253
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJMHqLgyVsg wrote:

After scrolling thru 7 pages of similar posts, I discovered there is no solution and the "Solved" tag is because Samsung posted a note to send them the unit and serial numbers.  My TV is less than 2 years old and this failure is unacceptable although now I get to buy the 4K TV I've wanted all along.  It will NOT be a Sumsung TV nor will I ever purchase another Sumsung product.

Did you try this solution, which I posted just the other day? Fixed mine.

user2pjx2O6hvz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.  Read somewhere to change the batteries in the remote.  That worked!  It stopped turning off and on.  

userwbFZ6M9UhI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my UHD Samsung. It keeps turning off and on by itself. I tried unplugging it and it still has a mind of itis own. We have six Samsung TV's and they all work perfectly. The picture on the problem set is awesome when it works.

The model Number is UN40HU6950FXZA. Serial Number <Edit>

The TV is used in the guest bedroom and has been used very little. We have five others that have performed without flaw for years. This was a special purchase that we splurged for and now we wonder if UHD was the way to go.

We learned that there was a class action suit that Samsung supported by replacing a capacitor. Can I bring my TV back to Best Buy to have this service performed?

Please let me know as soon as possible. The kids are coming for Thanksgiving and we would like them to have a working TV in the guest bedroom.

Thank you  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userwbFZ6M9UhI I would be happy to investigate further. Can you please send a Private message here: https://bit.ly/2mQxylV with the correct serial number as the one that was provided is not coming up as valid in our system. 

Highlighted
AdamTexas
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yay worked!

Mark from Samsung helped me. All we did was to disconnect from the extension cord and plug in the Samsung tv directly to the wall plug. So it worked..

Tv with extention cord turns on and off since it receives low voltage.

Happy now!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNIxAtYpvZB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same problem and would love to know how to resolve it