Original topic:

Samsung TVs app & browser limitations: The combination of the two, I will never understand!

(Topic created: 04-27-2021 03:13 AM)
MissDiagnostics
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Usually when devices don't support certain apps yet, there's always a plan b/secondary option (the browser).

In the case of Samsung TVs, everything is limited/broken across the board, the browser is not supported pretty much everywhere that offers consumers the ability to access the content they've paid for or are currently paying for, via their website(s) in case of device and app compatibility issues. You guys have literally ruined consumers on both fronts, not every app is supported and not every website is supported on the browser you chose to give to us.

There is no plan b or secondary option (besides Screen Sharing), which is buggy and sometimes lower quality. Something has to change, if you can't support every streaming platforms' app in your TV app store, then give us a proper browser that is supported on every website. Simple.

The way your TV platform is rigged up, is anti-consumer. There should be no reason(s) why consumers can't access websites made by studios, networks, & etc. as a secondary option for devices that don't support their apps.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Just out of curiosity, what apps are missing on the TV that require you to use the Internet Browser? What are some websites that are buggy in the TV browser?

0 Likes
MissDiagnostics
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@userlU6GzpQHMf,

I'm literally surprised that anyone would ask this when it's common knowledge that the Tizen store lacks in comparison to Apple's or Google's app store lol.

Good luck finding/getting Peacock, Zeus, or any one-off network channel that has built an app/website, especially if that channel/network isn't included in a streaming package or offered at a reasonable price.

There are tons of streaming apps that aren't offered on Samsung TVs and since the built-in browser is HTML* and not the full version that's on our computers, cellphones, and tablets, many networks that provide app alternatives such as a website, won't work on Samsung TVs. Try to go to PeacockTV.com or CWSeed.com/shows.

Like I stated in my original post, I get devs not wanting to build apps for every platform that isn't Android or iOS... Samsung CAN'T force them to, but one thing Samsung could help with but refused to do so, PORT THE FULL VERSION OF SAMSUNG INTERNET to their TVs so users can access the alternative (a website).

0 Likes
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I can't speak for CWSeed, but Peacock works for me on the browser. 

I do know Peacock app is coming to the 2021 TVs soon though.

0 Likes
MissDiagnostics
Cosmic Ray
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@userlU6GzpQHMf,

I don't know how that's possible because Peacock and Samsung will tell you, that the Peacock app & website isn't supported on Samsung TVs.

Here's a screenshot of what happens to majority of us who try to visit peacocktv.com directly from the Samsung Internet browser that's located on our Samsung TV's home screen.

20210519_103419.jpg

If what you're saying is true, that the app will be launching on 2021 models soon, how long do you think it'll take for it to reach previous models 2020/2019/2018/etc.?

0 Likes