Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userXI8o1WmFaN
Asteroid

Notebook 9 Pro 15" motherboard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. I bought a Samsung Notebook 9 in November 2016 at Best Buy. After using it for 13 months (and just after the guarantee expired!), I got a problem. My laptop suddenly turned off and never fully started again, just the green and blue light and the fan working. 

Last January I sent it to Samsung service center and they just replay this:

"PLEASE NOTE: Per the technician’s remarks; .. Unit slow to show power on led. Will not power on or show video in any configuration. Motherboard has failed. Will need motherboard."

Without further explanation about what was the cause of the problem, now they are telling me the only solution is to change the motherfboard for almost $800.!!

Need to know if anybody had this same issue and if Samsung gave some explanation on what was the problem that damage the motherboard and (if I decide to give Samsung another chance), if this may happen again.

Thanks for your help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userXI8o1WmFaN
Asteroid

Re: Notebook 9 Pro 15" motherboard

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear friends of the Samsung community

After my post about a motherboard failure on my Notebook 9 laptop one month out of guarantee, the friends at Samsung immediately contacted me and helped with the problem assuming all repair and shipping costs. The repair center just informed me they will be shipping back the laptop tomorrow.

Will keep you posted.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! I would like to look into that.  Could you provide the full model and serial number via a private message? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userXI8o1WmFaN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear friends of the Samsung community

After my post about a motherboard failure on my Notebook 9 laptop one month out of guarantee, the friends at Samsung immediately contacted me and helped with the problem assuming all repair and shipping costs. The repair center just informed me they will be shipping back the laptop tomorrow.

Will keep you posted.

userXI8o1WmFaN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dear Samsung Community friends

To inform you that we just received back the laptop and it´s working ok.  All the repair costs were assumed by Samsung and the shipping was also free.

These guys were really involved and concern about my problem. Contacted me on a daily basis.

A+++ for Samsung Customer service, out of this world.

Thank you very much!

userRhCzz5TOsL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing 13 months and it broke down only for me it was a blue screen issue.  They didnt help me at all and I am still fighting with my problems.  Already replaced the harddrive and it still isn't work correctly 

userXI8o1WmFaN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, sorry to hear that.

I have a similar issue with my laptop motherboard and Samsung solve the problem and repair it for free. So far, it's working normally. 

Try to contact:

Samsung Moderator

Good luck!

userCgVHUV0oSQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
any development on this?