Original topic:

Microsoft KB5004945 Removes Fingerprint Sensor Driver

(Topic created: 07-13-2021 08:42 AM)
userYYFAPwG3iN
Constellation
Options
Computers

Recently I've installed the the KB5004945 update twice now and both times is has done something to my fingerprint sensor driver.  The first time the sensor stopped working (one day after the update was installed) I uninstalled the MS update and it started working again right away.  The second time I installed the driver after working with tech support over chat the sensor stopped working the next day.  Tech support tried to make sure I was running the latest drivers, which I think I was already, and after two reboots and and a shutdown it all seemed to work till the next day.  To get the driver back this second time I had to do some more work - Uninstall the MS update, clear a security setting in the bios and then set up my PIN again.  This brought the driver back, it remembered by finger print and started working again.  

How do I get the security update AND the fingerprint driver to live happily ever after?

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Computers

I know this can be frustrating. I recommend reporting this issue to the Microsoft Support team. You can report an issue from the Feedback Hub on your PC.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
The Dude
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I've always hated the condescending non helpful replies like this from vendors (not just Samsung).  I wish they would actually do some research for the users and offer actual answers or elevate the issue to a real tech support team and get things resolved.

Samsung_cgFCOcE
Constellation
Options
Computers

I cant agree more.  They act like we received the products for FREE and are asking for help on it.

Please mark this as the acceptable solution, if you think it was better than the canned corporate message above.