cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A suggestion for those having a lot of problems.

(Topic created: 08-13-2023 11:13 AM)
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
I think a lot of the users that are having problems is because they are simply just updating to the beta version where they already had their entire phone setup already whereas those of us who have been through the beta program before don't just update to it we reset after updating and then re-setup the phone again and we end up having less problems. I would suggest a lot of people give this a try.
18 Replies
Dj_Damjano
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Same here, new phone every year and as you said, we take risks knowing what could potentially happen. I'm just not ok with people saying certain people should join beta just because they choose not to do a "clean" beta install.
Everyone chooses to jump-in in their own way, so let them do it their way. When an official release comes out, almost no one does a backup, reset, upgrade and restore, they just install it on their phone as it is.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Discussions
We are in agreement 😄
heyjeremey
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
The beta runs much better after a factory reset. If that's too much, people should wait until the betas get a little more stable or stick to non beta releases. There will be bugs
rsfinsrq
Halo
Options
Discussions
The purpose of the beta is to provide feedback for the developers that will limit issues on a stable release. There will be no expectation that a factory reset be performed on a stable release. Doing so during the beta is counter intuitive and undermines the process. Report the bugs you encounter during daily use. If it's so unstable the phone is unusable, you may have to factory reset. I believe this is covered in the beta disclaimers. I am encountering and reporting bugs, but my phone is far from unusable. I've been on initial beta releases that were much worse.
Philosophics
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I updated directly to the beta with no reset, no cache clearing, didn't uninstall anything good lock. So far, no issues other than AOD sometimes not always on. Of course, not everyone is as lucky or, the problems have not yet occurred.
To be honest, this time around has been much better than when I beta tested One UI 5
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
I think some people aren't actually reading the disclaimer that's number 6 of the beta FAQ that states.

6. How do I install the Beta software on my device?
You must be enrolled in the One UI Beta Program to install the Beta software. To avoid compatibility issues, before installing the Beta software, make sure all applications on the device are updated to the latest version available.

To install the beta software, on your device, select "Settings > Software update > Download and install".

Beta software updates are rolled out gradually to One UI Beta Program participants.

Then they end up having compatibility problems and if they were capable of seeing the logs to actually see what's going on in the background they would notice that there's errors and other issues that literally flood the screen (like apps opening and closing) so fast in the live log view that it's literally impossible to read the screen without stopping it which then causes severe battery life and their phone heating up and running slowly. I learned this when I very first came to the beta program and just simply updated and didn't bother doing anything else but when I opened up the logcat for live view through adb on my PC I was surprised by how fast stuff was happening in the background the log itself ended up being over 150MB from just 15 seconds of leaving it open!
0 Likes
Dj_Damjano
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
And where does it state that you need to reset your phone? Since that is what you tried to convey in your earlier post.
Mikeyr305
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
This is my 5th year on a beta and I have never reset my phone. I am not having issues except that one time when One UI crashed.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes