cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A suggestion for those having a lot of problems.

(Topic created: 08-13-2023 08:31 PM)
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
I think a lot of the users that are having problems is because they are simply just updating to the beta version where they already had their entire phone setup already whereas those of us who have been through the beta program before don't just update to it we reset after updating and then re-setup the phone again and we end up having less problems. I would suggest a lot of people give this a try.
18 Replies
bqooo
Comet
Options
Discussions
Make sense. but many people trying the beta on there daily phone, and they don't wanna go through all the setup again.
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Right and that's why they shouldn't be joining the beta.
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Discussions
The beta is supposed to run the gamut of all different types of Samsung phone users. Those willing to set up their phone over again, those willing to just run with it and see what happens, those that are familiar with all the settings and those that are not. That way you get a better idea of each and every type of person that will be using the phone. That's just my take.
catsinpants
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Mine was restarting every 2 min non stop. I switched to another phone just so I don't reset my phone. There's so much on it.

What somehow ended up working out for me was wiping the cache partition a bunch of times, repairing apps a few times.

Thrn turned the phone off completely, plugged in the charger and waited like 1hr.

Its been significantly more stable.

Not a clue why.
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Why did you use a phone for the beta program that has so much on it that you don't want to lose? I don't understand why people are doing that, that's not what you're supposed to join the beta program for.
0 Likes
Dj_Damjano
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
@Mike-B
Beta testing is to test on every day tasks not a dummy phone you just testing. People like me, like to help and don't want to go through the hassle of wiping the phone for each beta.
In my case, that is a calculated risk I take for each beta I become a part of. I love testing the latest and in a way, I think, I'm helping with issues I find.
It's not fair to say only people using test phones should join beta. I think the more people join the better it is, since everyone uses their phones in different way with different customizations that should be tested on new firmwares.
I applaud everyone that has the guts to do that and take risks.
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Lol no one said it's a "dummy phone" it's my daily driver! I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone with a tough guy complex you don't get it!
0 Likes
Dj_Damjano
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Lol tough guy complex? I don't think my comment was threatening or condescending to give you that impression.
As far as I don't get it, I think I get it a lot. I am an engineer that tests Hardware and software in daily bases, and help create bug fixes for firmware after troubleshooting the issues.
I think you are the one acting tuff and thinking you are talking to people that have no clue.
I was simply replying to your comment: " Right and that's why they shouldn't be joining the beta." Which I think it's wrong and not fair.
As I explained, people that use their daily phones with different apps and games, with their customizations are the best beta testers, in my own experience, because you get a much wider testing platforms than someone that resets their phone and only uses bare bone apps, which I call dummy phones.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Discussions
This :hundred_points::hundred_points::hundred_points:. It's my 4th Samsung beta program and only one was difficult. But I dutifully reported all bugs and tried to ride it out. It's all part of the 🤩🤩 haha.
I only have one phone at a time as I always trade in my old one. Most people just have one phone, I imagine. So I really have no choice but to use this one for my testing. I'm okay with that because I know it's helping and I read and agreed to the disclaimers