Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery Protection Mode and Heat

(Topic created: 12-06-2021 12:27 PM)
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
So I've been using the Battery Protection feature and I've noticed that the phone becomes hot, and stays hot after the 85% cutoff while the phone is attached to a charger, this is not helped by turning off fast charging and super fast charging.

Contrarily with battery protection off, it heats up while charging, then cools off after hitting 100%
0 Likes
4 Replies
Frbky
Comet
Options
Discussions
Huh, I'm not using those protection features and my phone never gets very hot except somewhat when doing a system software update. It gets a little warm while charging - always has. I never turn off fast charging.
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
That is normal for me too, but I decided to try the battery protection setting, and it just gets hot and stays hot at 85~84%
0 Likes
Frbky
Comet
Options
Discussions
Sounds like a bug that makes the feature counterproductive! I suggest reporting the issue through the feedback item in this app, if you haven't already.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @mindsunwound ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes