Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta 4 Observations

(Topic created: 11-05-2021 11:44 AM)
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
So like most of you t-mobile users I've been running this all day and have noticed a few things.

1. Biggest glaring issue has to do with the framerate not being consistent. Turn on visible refresh rate in developer settings and you can see it randomly dropping to 60 when scrolling in apps. Causing kind of a push pull effect that is rather jarring.

2. Like everyone said the absence of the stretch overscroll is pretty egregious as there's not apparent reason for this. (At least user facing reason). Would love to see this brought back by the final release. 

3. For whatever reason samsung seems to be against adding the larger AOD and lockscreen clocks from android 12, I am unsure why as it won't violate One UI visual aesthetic and adds functionality by giving you a quick reference by shrinking the clock when there are notifications. I think this is one of the best design decisions android has seen since AOD became a thing.

4. The latest beta totally breaks KLWP. Will not load on Nova launcher or the One UI launcher. I know they'd like to say it's an app issue but KLWP worked perfectly fine prior to beta 4.

5. I know this may be subjective seeing as how it's only been less than a day but battery life appears to have decreased. I dont have any hard numbers to prove it but feel of my battery life today has felt like its taken a slight hit.

6. Material you theming still feels inconsistent. I looked at a pixel video and the OS picks up colors in a lot more places making it feel more cohesive. Like the notification background, app drawer background, keyboard keys, things like that. You basically see the colors everywhere whereas here on samsung it feels a bit sparse. Especially in samsung apps, you see it more from the Google apps than samsung. Would love to see this improved, I know you can do this with theme park but it just feels like the pixel way of doing it is better.

So these are the biggest issues I've come up with so far. Hopefully the scrolling issue can be cleaned up soon along with fixing whatever broke KLWP. And please samsung can you add the Android 12 style clocks for us? At least make it an option in settings to choose that as one of the available clocks.

Thank you!
9 Replies
Ledvedder5150
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Yep, I'm noticing the scrolling stutter in apps as well.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
1. Don't see the issue here
2. Eye candy not important for my use
3. I have the S-View flip cover (& S-Pen), so AOD / lockscreen clocks don't matter 👍
4. don't use
5. Slight decrease in battery charges, but not bad. Charged to 85% (Protect Battery) 4 hrs 40 mins ago, 1 day 5 hrs to go
6. Agreed, but then Sammie is about One UI

Nice write up !
Jonrican
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm having that same scrolling issue and it super annoying. Hope they fix it soon.
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
Frame rate is an issue. I've tested it out and by scrolling it goes 120 to 60 instead of the full 120 consistently.
formulapaolo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
My biggest gripes are:
1. Samsung Pay still giving errors
2. Battery life is horrible
3. Bluetooth seems to be stuttering during playback here and there

These issues were not present in beta 3, except the Samsung Pay errors. I cannot believe they released beta 4 and didn't bother to fix the most annoying bug in beta 3.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I don't have issues with any of these things. The only time my refresh rate goes to 60 is when I'm not doing anything or just typing like now when I am doing this.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Chrisrj8084 ,

For 1,5,6 Please send us an error report. For 2,3 we will forward your feedback to usability team for review.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userLBCCx83Est
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I notice the frame rate drop when I have a lot of notifications to scroll through on the pull down notification bar. Very noticeable when I compare it to my S21 that's not running the beta.
0 Likes
user1whlWLpHd6
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Absolutely agree with all points. Framerate drop while scrolling ruins the fluidity of the phone. It honestly made me consider downgrading back to android 11 or even getting a pixel 6, but I also realize that would be a bit impulsive. I desperately hope that Samsung developers are painfully aware of this issue and take it seriously.
0 Likes