Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Beta discussion

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 09:32 PM)
ZACHKON
Comet
Options
Discussions
How are y'all enjoying the beta so far any complaints yet or not none for me lemme know your thoughts would love to here em 
jdunk312
Comet
Options
Discussions
So you made a post before this saying you were having app crashes/ problems yet you're saying you don't have any complaints so far....
francomissone
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
The keyboard is barely working in any app, I would have to restart the app šŸ˜ž
0 Likes
Pappster
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Battery drain is awful. Random reboots all day long.
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I'm not that excited about Android 12 any more. It's mainly a UI refresh. I'm more interested in all the ai features on Google tensor on Pixel 6. The speech recognition, all the ai call options.
bluefire
Comet
Options
Discussions
I don't have any issue at all except an app not compatible with Android 12 yet.
I followed the feedback of other membera of clearing ayatem cache, clearing cache for each app, reducing animation, among others.
0 Likes
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
No reboots or anything major, just some glitches here and there. It's fun. It's kind of like a scavenger hunt.
RipWashington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I often find myself regretting not having more to contribute, though I'm thankful I haven't really experienced any problems. Were I a "power user" my expectations would probably be higher I guess. Not being cell phone savvy has probably prevented me from seeing some performance issues I might otherwise be concerned with. I frequently remind myself these modern phones aren't marketed to 64 year olds easily impressed that mobile phones even exist.

I think overall I find myself unexpectedly impressed with the time and effort seemingly committed toward giving consumers an acceptable product with these S series phones. This beta offers me a rare glimpse of the creative process involved in this effort. Having lived through times where technology of this sort was once considered science fiction I can't help but marvel watching changes appear to my cell phone no matter how minor. Every update received is like an unexpected Christmas present.

So KUDOS to the Samsung development team for allowing me the opportunity of observing this work in progress. As a result I'll probably be a customer for life, though not as FREQUENT a customer as their target audience appears to be.
missmotta
Comet
Options
Discussions
Ha! I love your response! I'm no spring chicken either (a Gen Xer on the earlier side of that spectrum) and also an avid sci-fi buff so I too marvel at this stuff. It's wild! I also like that samsung asks all sorts of people to sign up for the beta. Power users and novices someone like me who loves learning more about tech but still has so much more to discover.
It's pretty nifty.
RipWashington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Good to hear I'm not alone. šŸ˜Š A few weeks ago I suggested adding some sort of "low battery alarm". A member suggested I use Bixby Routines. I've been playing with it ever since.

Bixby Routine when charge level drops below 38%. Bixby announces:

"I thought I told you to charge the battery. You must really be a special kind of stupid".

My wife hearing this is like: šŸ˜®

Thanks for the pleasant reply!
thereismotion
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
The only tangible hardware difference I see - in terms of function - the battery cap at 85%. If you're not swapping your device out every six months and plan on keeping it for 3-5 years, this is going to impact the longevity of the battery. Another hardware thing the virtual ram and by hardware thing I mean being able to change the way the hardware is being managed by the software. The virtual ram might impact the longevity of built-in storage. There should probably be a management option to keep it off. For the most part, the system rarely uses existing ram.