Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta testing policies

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 10:39 PM)
userQSTb64ADdI
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Just wanted to participate in the beta only to discover that the applications are now closed and restricted to certain countries

I am grateful for the industry response from HTC, Samsung, Motorola and Sony (Thank you) in 2009 for making devices easy to unlock in a safe manner that didn't compromise on device security

It means that I can reuse my old devices when I upgrade, this is so much fun, these are still powerful devices for many years
I am interested in participating in official developments from Samsung also
I know that unlocking my device from OEM removes some of the security features offered by the complex mechanisms that keep my data safe

What I would love to see is an open beta program that I could participate in, this way I could receive the patches securely
People who participate in beta programs don't expect support for unfinished products, and I have purchased my device from Samsung directly
Many of us Android fans make our choices based on community works

0 Likes
4 Replies
MutatedRam
Comet
Options
Discussions
The beta can't be open, could you imagine all the complaints that would bring. People enter the beta just to be on the latest when thats not the poin. The point is to make things better, submit bugs, submit suggestions etc most folks don't do anything of they complain knowing very well what they are getting into or atleast they should
0 Likes
userQSTb64ADdI
Constellation
Options
Discussions

This should be taken care of by the community then

I'm sure many of us have seen the damage that can be done to brands from bad PR, but moderators in these community hubs can really be forward about things like this in a way that doesn't fall back on the brand, and for the impatient we also have Discord

I guess who am I to say how Samsung decides to manage beta's and their community but as I am a customer, I think there are ways Samsung can really take the lead here when it comes to innovation

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @userQSTb64ADdI ,

If you have purchased a Samsung Unlocked device, you should be able to participate in beta program with out any issues. Currently, Only T-Mobile devices that are able to newly join beta program are limited but have a large amount of registration open, Sprint and Samsung Unlocked device registrations are unlimited and have no limit on users that can join the program.

If you are referring to open in sense of being available on all carriers on GS21, bottle neck is approval from the carrier . We welcome every carrier who wants to be part of Beta Program.

Regards
One UI Beta Program

0 Likes
userQSTb64ADdI
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I have purchased a Samsung unlocked device through the Samsung store, I see numerous articles indicate that there are geographic constrains on the beta program, I am located in Australia

0 Likes