Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Full Reset

(Topic created: 11-04-2021 07:44 PM)
TechyGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
So. This is more of a tip than anything. Being in a Beta program I knew there were going to be issues. I expected it. I signed up for it. I had slowly started having issues, however, that kead me to try something. I thought about  unregistering and going back to 11, but decided to perform a system reset first, on 12 Beta 4, to see if the issues persisted with a reset, without performing a restore from backup, because, well, why not make that part of the testing process!?

I can report issues I was having like not receiving text messages in Google Messages (mainly chat, SMS and MMS seemed ok), multiple notifications firing for already dismissed notifications, and overall general performance seems to be far better. Now I'm only slowly adding apps I use most frequently back on to see if anything stands out as an issue generator, but so far the system has been incredibly more stable. 

I was absolutely planning to do a full reset anyway once the final bits of code come out (and still will) but this gives a good fresh view on the fresh coat of paint.

As always, your mileage may vary and, of course, the next beta update could cause issues again but, hey, it's a Beta! 
3 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
What phone are you using?
0 Likes
TechyGeek
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Unlocked S21 Ultra on T-Mobile.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @TechyGeek ,

Thank you for your Tip. We recommend trying safe mode before performing a master reset so you don't loose the data but also avoid conflict with 3rd party. We understand that using device in this state is not a viable option but does provide idea if issue is due t 3rd party apps or not 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes