Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Disconnect a WiFi

(Topic created: 11-05-2021 04:11 PM)
entropium
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I recall that I used to disconnect a WiFi by clicking on that WiFi name. Somehow this function is gone, not sure if since the beta, and now you have to turn off phone WiFi altogether and open it on again to disconnect from a WiFi. It is definitely a big pull back. I can't really understand why.
0 Likes
7 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Maybe I'm confused. I pull down the Quick panel and tap on the WiFi icon to shut it off
Top row, extreme left (I wiped out the WiFi id)Screenshot_20211105-174628_Samsung Members-01_12741.jpg
entropium
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes, you turned off your phone WiFi, not a specific WiFi connection.
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
This function still works. I assume by tapping on the name you mean this menu?Screenshot_20211105-155504_Samsung Members.png
0 Likes
entropium
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
No, you turn the phone WiFi altogether. I mean that you could click on a WiFi name to disconnect from it without turning off the phone WiFi.
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
That works for me currently... Try again and file a report right after
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @entropium ,

Currently, Connecting to a new Wi-Fi network automatically disconnects from existing Wi-Fi connection. You are unable to disconnect from Wi-Fi network and keep scanning for Wi-Fi network as before. This was causing higher battery drain and wasn't being used by a lot of consumers. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
entropium
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thank you for replying my questions that most of the beta tester don't even understand. I understand that scanning WiFi would be battery draining. But what is the difference if I just go out of range of a connected WiFi, yet has not connected to a new one. Wouldn't that be the same battery draining? Or if not, can we just tap to disconnect and put the WiFi into that status?
0 Likes