JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 6 restarting on beta

(Topic created: 07-08-2024 07:29 AM)
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Discussions

After downloading and installing beta, the watch continuesly restarts. S24+, watch 6. So try with caution. Not a unique issue. Others having same issue according to posts on the beta board. And yes, I've tried all the usual fixes. 

57 Replies
jimdel
Halo
Options
Discussions
Nope did not
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
That comment wasn't directed to you it was too the other person

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userp1uY39sNos
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I finally performed the factory reset on my watch 6 classic 47 mm and all the bad behavior stopped.  Strange that my gw5p hasn't had any issues as I installed the beta on it right afterwards.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Discussions

@userp1uY39sNos the 2nd version of the Beta is out for the GW6. The release notes indicate that the reboot issue has been fixed. This was the same time that they opened it for the GW5 and GW4 so I'm guessing their firmware had the update. 

0 Likes
userp1uY39sNos
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I installed the latest beta on my Galaxy watch 6 and that's the one that has the reboot issue.  Only by resetting the watch was I able to stop it.

0 Likes
Members_SpnpSVg
Constellation
Options
Discussions

FYI - installed the beta today, and restart issue still persists (and boy, does it drain the battery fast - sadly I did the update and went to do other things, and it was nearly dead by the time I figured out it was constantly restarting). Just followed the Factory Reset instructions and assume that will work. Thanks all (except Samsung, of course) for the guidance here!

0 Likes
userLDJwVGSRsf
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

We all know it is beta but this failure doesn’t speak well of Samasung.

How did this error get so wide spread and why no communication from Samsung how to fix. The supposed new update that fixes the issue either fails or doesn’t load.

it would be nice for Samsung to take responsibility and produced detailed instructions on how to fix the reboot issue that renders our watch useless. 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Discussions

@userLDJwVGSRsf If you read through this thread you will find that I posted detailed instructions on how to manually reset the watch. 

0 Likes