Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Is 5G Icon Correct?

(Topic created: 10-12-2021 11:38 AM)
Options
Discussions
The icon at the top of my phone shows 5G. But, when checked with the Speed Test app the results are reported as LTE.

After I install the Google Carrier Services app, Speed Test reports the results as 5G and the icon on my phone is 5G.

Since I installed beta, my 5G speeds are very slow. So I deleted the Google Carrier Services app.

So... what's up with the differing signal indicators and the slow 5G speeds?

S21 5G on TMobile

Regards.šŸ˜Ž
18 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I've read articles where Verizon has the fastest, followed by AT&T, and then T-Mobile / Sprint

The speed tests I've performed all show a 5G signal (Consumer Cellular provider using an AT&T network SIM card)
0 Likes
WaffleKingofPluto
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
T-mobile has show 5G. Before the beta my lte was faster than my 5G. This is something T-mobile needs to fix
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Prior to beta, my TMobile 5G was always faster than LTE and the phone icon matched the Speed Test results. These issues cropped up with beta.
0 Likes
Wayne504
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Same hear it's say 5G on the phone but the speed test is LTE crazy
Stevo1950s
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
My tmobile phone has been doing the lte 5g thing since before either beta. But when speed is fast the test does post 5g irritating
0 Likes
Wayne504
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Oh ok that's crazy I hope a new samsung beta comes out with a new update
0 Likes
Wayne504
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
This how mines lookScreenshot_20211012-134122_Speedtest.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @uservgrto6bS79 ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
C4RR1LL0
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
That's my 5G icon, flashed the unlocked firmware on t-mobile phone... Looks better!!! Screenshot_20211012-081403_Speedtest.jpg
0 Likes