Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Material you

(Topic created: 11-12-2021 02:18 PM)
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Saw a story today about a list of manufacturers that will be adopting material you soon and samsung is not on that list.

Obviously we know that samsung has implemented the theme engine here but also know that it's not great compared to Google. I wonder if this will change at some point at all?

Definitely need to update whatever algorithm chooses the colors because it's off in it's current format. Doesn't do reds at all and will throw in random color options here and there. Also needs just a bit more implementation across the OS but I've found that theme park helps with theming missing parts like the volume panel
5 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Based on what I've seen here, the desire for a more Material You experience is not close to a clear majority. I'm wondering how USA-centric the MY approach is, aesthetically. That is, has Samsung decided to be a little more measured in its MY adoption based on its understanding of the different customer tastes in different markets? It will be interesting to see.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
To quote a Samsung phrase:

"One UI".

If someone doesn't understand that, you might want to purchase a Pixel 6 and compare šŸ˜€

In other words, Samsung has their own user interface, separate from M.Y.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your post. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
iiDark
Comet
Options
Discussions
Honestly, more often than not my icons and colors are usually pretty on point, there's rarely a wallpaper I'll try that doesn't have at least one option of colors that make sense and the icons usually are really on point for me at least. I'm not too upset about this implementation at all. Even though it's only a few select icons, I just use the icons that DO get themed on the homescreen without folders, and most of the icons that don't get themed are all grouped in folders in the middle.

That way when I change my color theme, most of my home screen follows suit, along with the Google clock widget, and Gmail widget. So every time I change my wallpaper and color theme, my entire home screen all follows suit and looks themed. Making it very easy for me to change my theme with just a simple wallpaper change. All I usually have to do is just make a keyboard, and use that same color hex to create the volume color in good lock. Other than that, it's pretty easy to change my entire phones colors in about 5 mins or so.
0 Likes
DrFed
Comet
Options
Discussions
Material You is working, just not the same as with pixel phones.
0 Likes