Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Multiple odd issues - S22 Ultra

(Topic created: 09-19-2022 04:04 PM)
SyCoREAPER
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've encountered a few odd bugs so far on the S22 Ultra with the T-Mobile OneUI Beta 5. 

First few are SIM/Signal related. I have a physical and eSIM in my phone. 

• eSIM has significantly faster and consistent speeds while in the very same spot near a tower while stationary. Performed multiple times, same result. 

• eSIM does NOT correctly show the cell protocol being used as it should on TMobile. It 98% of the time gives a generic 3G, 4G, 5G indicator. This may not seem odd to most of you but TMobile does differentiate and has in previous firmware (and this one with the physical SIM) which flavor it's using. For example, it will say if it's 4G LTE or HSPA+, 5G, 5G UC or 5G WB. These sub indicators don't want to appear on eSIM. 

Second issue is landscape mode. As seen in the attached picture, it leaves a big old empty space in every app, not just Maps and I can't find the cause. 
10 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I had an identical experience earlier this year with my S21U on TMO. I had converted my physical sim to esim and boy, the signal was all over the place. I had TMO reprovision the physical and all was good again.
SyCoREAPER
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'm saying for me it's the other way around. Nothing wrong with the physical SIM I'm just seeing not as good of performance. I've also seen many complain online that the S22 is slower than their S21.

I think something is screwy with the physical SIM
0 Likes
SyCoREAPER
Comet
Options
Discussions
@communityuser9e8r09e
@ForumManager

I discovered the cause of the dead space on the side of the screen. The space is caused by an incorrect comparative position with the navigation bar.

"Swipe from Bottom" and "Buttons" seem to both be coded as one and the same. Swipe from Bottom thinka there are keys there when there aren't.

"Swipe from Side and Bottom" removes the dead space.
Sveney
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Great now I can't unsee this. It doesn't appear to be in every app for me. The photos app doesn't seem to have it but chrome does.....

Edit to me it seems like it has to do with apps allowing to display things under the camera cutout. Changing the settings you mentioned didn't do anything for me. But that black bar always choses the camera sideScreenshot_20220919_183453_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220919_183406_Photos.jpg
0 Likes
Michael6969
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Be sure to report them please
SyCoREAPER
Comet
Options
Discussions
Already did. My experience with Samsung betas is you either get a generic response or the acknowledge with a non-canned response.

Unfortunately I reported twice (one with the fix), both canned repsonses
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Discussions
That empty space is also there in One UI 4 when using "buttons" navigation bar. However, using "swipe from bottom" should not make that much empty space, so it could be a bug.
0 Likes
SyCoREAPER
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yeah it's exactly the size of the button bar but I'm using the swipe version of the button bar. Never had this issue before. They didn't code it correctly in the beta
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes