Original topic:

Need help withdrawal from beta program

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 06:27 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions

Hi,

The constant crashing of Samsung Pay have made my phone completely unusable, so I've decided to withdrawal from the beta program.

But I've changed my carrier from T-Mobile to Google Fi recently, and as a result Members app doesn't allow me any access to beta features, including withdrawal.

So I downgraded to 3.1 with Smart Switch on PC. But now it's still showing me Android 12 updates in system settings. Can someone help me withdraw from the beta program?

9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
a) In Members app, Status section ...

Select "Withdraw"

b) Factory Reset phone (in Maint / Recovery screen)

c) Start SmartSwitch on PC
Plug phone into PC

In S.S. , select Downgrade, and Restore the Backup you made ...

Pretty simple, really
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
The Members app looks completely different in 3.1 vs 4.0, I wasn't able to find any withdrawal option. And I definitely tried that when I was on 4.0, and it says I have changed my carrier therefore can't access any beta features, including withdrawal...
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
You'll need a moderator to switch your phone to the new carrier, then you can Withdraw
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
I am having the same issue, but in the multiple attempts I've made to have Samsung fix it, they just tell me to withdraw from the beta program via the members app and completely ignore the fact that I cannot access it because I receive the infuriating "you changed your carrier" prompt. It's mind blowing how poor Samsung support is compared to literally any other manufacturer. On beta 4 there are probably a third of my apps that just don't load, no Google pay, location issues, Uber and Lyft freezing, and no way to revert back without getting a pending update prompt for the beta program again. If Samsung is out there listening, please God just remove me from the program.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Hmmm your experience sounds way worse than mine, I'm only having issues with Samsung Pay(crashing) and GPay(saying my phone has been rooted or modified). You actually can revert without withdrawing from the beta program, just install Smart Switch on your PC or Mac, and you should be able to see the downgrade option. I used this to get myself back to 3.1. But I'm still seeing the 4.0 update because I'm technically still in beta program, guess I'll have to keep ignoring it for now..
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Anonymous ,

We have deregistered you from the beta program. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Anonymous ,

You are now deregistered from the beta program.

Regards
One UI Beta Program.

Arkhaic
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I need to be deregistered from the beta program as well please.

Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G

0 Likes
Arkhaic
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I'm in the same boat. Downgraded and keep getting the OneUI4 beta update. Samsung Members no longer has the option to deregister manually. Really need to be deregistered as soon as possible.

0 Likes