Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Not seeing any improvements with beta 2

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 07:19 PM)
that1guy22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm not usually one to complain during a beta but I was kinda bummed that my phone still has all the same issues from beta 1 and some new ones. 120hz still doesn't seem to be working correctly, scene optimizer still isn't working, and the newest one is that my screen will glitch out and static lines will appear randomly on the display. 

I have already cleared the cache so that is not the issue. Hopefully another update comes soon to fix these issues. 
15 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Well, for me, I was seeing random freezes and reboots, and GBoard crashing, plus a constant issue when I highlight text I'd get a "SamsungSmartSuggestions" app crash , so would never see the context pop up.

So far, haven't seen these issues
that1guy22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Oh that's good at least!
0 Likes
userV5du9bPdNc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Same, update installed and my phone has crashed and rebooted 3 times in an hour. I think it actually is worse now, clearing system cache not helping. I may just have to leave Beta for now, my phone is not operational.
0 Likes
that1guy22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
One last option you could try is going to the boot menu (same place as when clearing cache partition) and click repair apps. That has fixed some problems for me in the past. Hopefully it helps.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @userV5du9bPdNc,

As going back to Android 11 anyways erase data on  your device, would it possible to master reset device on One UI 4 and try it for few days before making decision to move back to Android 11?

Regards

One UI Beta Team

userV5du9bPdNc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thanks, it didn't work. Phone has crashed 3 times in the 30 min since and has drained the battery 30% and is really hot to the touch. I will just rollback and wait 4 the final release.
0 Likes
userV5du9bPdNc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thanks but nothing works, if I'm going to have to set everything back up, I'd rather do it just once. I sent a few more error reports today. Phone is now overheating to the point I can't touch it and the battery is draining 1% a minute. I've tried clearing cache, turning it all the way off, repairing apps. The phone is just completely unstable after the update, it's actually worse now. Best 4 me 2 wait for a stable release I think. Thanks for all the effort tho!!
0 Likes
S9Pluss
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Same here .. besides Secured Folder, I haven't really seen much changes!
Coldheat06
Comet
Options
Discussions
So far everything is running smoothly for me..... I did a complete reboot after the install
Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
0 Likes