Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Notification badges

(Topic created: 10-06-2023 02:57 PM)
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I have noticed a glitch when it comes to notification badges. Mainly with text messages I noticed that I received a text message from my bank and the message app will show a badge which is normal but I have three message shortcuts shortcuts on my screen and I noticed that the badge gets notified on them too even though they're not the ones receiving the message or sending the message I should see so it seems like the notification badge is just going to any message thread instead of specific ones if you have contact shortcuts to messages in the past this might be an issue so if I have a shortcut say to my wife on my home screen and then also my kids and that's it and I get a message from someone else or say in this instance my bank usually only the Google message app itself has the badge because that's obviously for everything but the individual shortcuts should not have a badge but they're coming up with a badge even though they're not part of the thread. I'm sure this will get fixed but I just wanted to point this out. It does not bother me in particular but it's something that shouldn't obviously be happy and I need to be addressed obviously in the next update or so.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
This is a Google Messages bug across other Android devices as well. Report to Google Feedback. Not something that can be fixed by Samsung directly.
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Thanks for the input