Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

One UI 4 Bugs

(Topic created: 11-24-2021 07:24 AM)
userlqugMLb9GK
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I don't know if this belongs here or not but there are alot of bugs with the new update. My keyboard disappears and won't appear after several times tapping on a chat box. Most of the time I have to restart my phone. Another bug is that when in Google maps navigation and I go to my home screen and Google maps becomes picture in picture mode and has its box in the corner, my screen won't recognize my touch or do anything for 5-10 seconds. Overall the speed of my phone has slowed down and everything takes longer to load. 
6 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
Please try installing the Samsung Good guardian's app from the Samsung Galaxy Store and also check for updates for all your apps
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
remember that your phone just received a MASSIVE update...it will take several hours or more to just settle down. seriously.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions

that keyboard issue is known, not sure if there is a fix yet but the workaround is that you select another keyboard as the default to get the keyboard to show again, and don't use the speech to text feature for the time being....

which keyboard were you using?

also, as notforhire noted, it is a massive update... so you may need to either reboot or cache clear to remove any old data left on the phone. also a lot of settings change have been reported so keep an eye out for changed settings.

userlqugMLb9GK
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Just using my regular default keyboard. How do you clear the cache and stuff?
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions

for each app, it can be done by either going to the settings > apps > select the app of interest > storage > scroll down to see cache clear.

Or you can hold the app icon and click the " i " for that app setting and find the storage > cache clear.

for the whole device's cache partition clear,     power off > hold vol.up + powerkey ~7sec > using the vol key scroll down to cache partition clear > select by pressing power key > once you cleared it, reboot normally by selecting the very 1st option (you'll see the reboot normally option).

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @userlqugMLb9GK ,

Please try clearing cache of the device and see if that helps resolve some of the issue. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes