Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Phone Unlocking on its own.

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 12:59 PM)
TurboS550
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I recently noticed that after power cycling my S21 Ultra and it seem to had booted up and unlocked itself without me being near it. 

I turned off my phone to let it charge.

Came back to it and turned it ON, immediately set it down.

I heard two notifications come through, the phone was just sitting on a counter and I still had not been around it.

When I went to grab the phone I noticed the screen was ON, instead of locked like it normally does after sitting for more than a minute and it had the "this is a beta" message up. 

I power cycled the phone one more time and watched it from a distance unlock itself again when the beta warning pops up.

Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Likes
2 Replies
never-reven
Comet
Options
Discussions
Do you have smart lock on?

It unlocks the device when you set a location it should be unlocked at. Maybe you address is on that list and that may be the reason why your phone is unlocking. Had that issue a few days ago simply disabled it in settings.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @never-reven ,

Please check if you have any Bixby routines running or smart lock enabled. If not, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes