Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Phone reset

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 07:18 AM)
userlbZP9qDyQb
Constellation
Options
Discussions
My phone is freezing and rebooting over and over to the point it's barely usable. If the update won't be until next week I'm thinking to do a factory reset.
 If I do, and then load my backed up data, won't the same issues start happening again? Or does it wipe it clean?
8 Replies
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
if you only do a factory reset, the phone will reset with beta OS and be wiped clean like when you got it out of the box. I would download the apps fresh and only replace your personal things from backup.. pictures movies documents etc, or don't replace them and just wait for stable 12.
you can factory reset the phone and just leave it blank, and then add things as you need them from the app stores.. this way you do not import any bad apps or their settings from backup.
leaving the phone as clean as possible without backups would be the best test of raw beta OS stability.
of course you should add whatever it is you want to make the phone as usable as you would like, this also tests stability and interaction with apps.
ZACHKON
Comet
Options
Discussions
Well it depends what phone you have to if he's got an s21 he can just reinstate the Android 12 beta once again after he wipes the slate clean he can just reinitiate Android 12 like I said before but I have heard that on some devices Android 12 is not smooth running than others I mean then on other devices those completely not English LMFAO
0 Likes
ZACHKON
Comet
Options
Discussions
Well you can also do a little protip and what I've learned and you can withdraw from the beta and go into the members app it's still open the beta and reinstall it and everything get it back on your device and I think you should be all set try that that's what I had to do and it work for me flawlessly and now I'm having no issues on Android 12 beta 2
userlbZP9qDyQb
Constellation
Options
Discussions
So don't do a factory reset but withdraw from beta and then reinstall it?
0 Likes
ZACHKON
Comet
Options
Discussions
Always use factory resetting or the factory reset mode or whatever it's called as a last last resort if you really need to reset it do so but what I did like I said before withdraw from the beta and go back to the beta and that's how it worked for me
0 Likes
ZACHKON
Comet
Options
Discussions
Correct first withdraw and reinstall the beta if you can the beta is still open so do that iteration first and if all that fails then wipe it clean and immediately reinstall the beta so don't reset your phone
0 Likes
userlbZP9qDyQb
Constellation
Options
Discussions
So I withdrew, then reenrolled, but I couldn't install as it was still running beta. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Do I need to withdraw and wait a bit before going back to see if I can install it? Sorry for all the questions.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @userlbZP9qDyQb ,

We have released an update on 10/23. Hopefully it resolved your issues. Please consider clearing cache after the update. 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes