Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Ram Plus vs No Ram Plus

(Topic created: 09-18-2022 06:43 AM)
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've been currently using the S22 Ultra (256gb model) with 12 gb of ram and it seems to be faster without RAM Plus. I mean I don't think I even need Ram Plus to begin with due to the fact it comes with 12 gb of ram, but this might change on the 128gb model. One thing I do notice is that Ram Plus doesn't necessarily take up much storage on your phone. As shown on the comment below, it takes up ≈800mb of your phones storage. I do think that you guys should turn of Ram Plus as it improves your phones overall experience, but there are some benefits to having it turned on, though I don't think it is worth it unless you like having so many apps open.
26 Replies
egor0128
Comet
Options
Discussions
Thanks for the tip guys I just turned mine off
0 Likes
userQTh9uoh7Cv
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I just turned this off and my phone is SO much more responsive! I'll be keeping it off until further notice!
Jerechas37
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Same here, running One UI 5 Beta 2 on Samsung S22 256GB SM-S901U, like many others stated before noticeable improvement in performance by turning it off, and now that I know we can disable it I will leave it disabled as that is the way I prefer it because everything runs smoother.
0 Likes
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Discussions
Same here.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Oh my gosh! I thought this was a total joke at first but turned it off. Guess what! Seeing a jack rabbit fast response. Unbelievable! Why is more responsive with it turned off?
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Discussions
RamPlus is the use of the storage to store information. It is slower than the actual Ram which might explain the cause. A hypothesis though is that some of the information that is stored in the RamPlus hinders performance as chances are they haven't improved what should go to the RamPlus and what shouldn't. This means that they probably store some of the essential information such as swipe gestures and more to save ram, but the thing is, RAM usage is usually the same between both of them.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes