Original topic:

Samsung Cloud Back Up

(Topic created: 11-02-2021 11:34 AM)
lHomelanderI
Astronaut
Options
Discussions

Cover image

I'm having issues with Samsung cloud back up. I have made sure I have room for the back up be I keep getting can't back up for homescreen and apps. Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
7 Replies
lHomelanderI
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Screenshot for reference Screenshot_20211102-085702_Samsung Cloud.jpg
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Did you sign up for an extension?

I ask because if you were on the "free" program, that's over with ... they sent out notices for folks to migrate to OneDrive
lHomelanderI
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Oh I didn't see that I will look into one drive. I thought it might be the cloud not recognizing the firmware version
0 Likes
lHomelanderI
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Thank you!
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
From a Feb email

========
End of Certain Samsung Cloud Features Notice
Dear Samsung Cloud Customers,

Beginning on 2021-06-30, Gallery Sync and Drive storage for My Files will no longer be supported by Samsung Cloud and your data will be deleted, as explained further below. In addition, if you have a premium storage subscription plan, this will automatically be canceled beginning 2021-04-01 and a refund may be issued to you.

These features will now be supported by Microsoft OneDrive (This may not be supported in certain countries or device models). To minimize any inconveniences there might be, we offer you a way to migrate your existing Gallery Sync and/or Drive data to OneDrive conveniently until 2021-03-31 and continue with your service experience, or alternatively, to download your data to your mobile device and/or PC. Please note, if you migrate or download your data, these features may end and your data may be deleted prematurely even before the official end date, as described below.

You can keep enjoying other features of Samsung Cloud, such as backing up/syncing and restoring other data (such as Contacts, Calendar, and Notes).

[Features to be deprecated]
- Gallery Sync, Drive, and Premium storage subscription

[Timeline of the Shutdown Process]

From 2020-10-05 -No longer be able to newly use above-listed features
-OneDrive migration and data download available

From 2021-04-01 -Discontinue existing use of Gallery Sync and Drive
-End of OneDrive migration support
-Cancel the then-current premium storage subscription automatically and refund the last payment

2021-06-30 -End of data download support

*For more detailed information, please visit the Samsung Cloud website (More detail)

[How to move your data to OneDrive]
To keep your data in the cloud and continue syncing, please make sure to move your data to Microsoft OneDrive. Please note that this option is only available until 2021-03-31. [How to move to OneDrive]

*This may not be supported in certain countries or device models
*From the moment you start to move your data to OneDrive, existing Samsung Cloud syncing with Gallery, and Samsung Cloud Drive storage for My Files will be terminated, and as soon as the migration is completed, applicable data will be deleted.

[How to download your data]

After 2021-06-30, your data saved in Gallery Sync and Drive will be deleted. Please make sure to download them to your mobile device and/or PC prior to the end of feature date. If you choose this option, you will not be able to migrate your data to OneDrive. [How to download your data]
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @lHomelanderI ,

Please let us know if you experience any issues after switching to One drive. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes